Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Propriano, Corsica LFKO

What about a Camping-Fly-In next year? As it is possible to sleep in the tents – we did it years ago – and as there is a restaurant where it will be possible to arrange something with the owner, this might be a different but nice Fly-In compared to our others.

EDDS , Germany

@Highflyer, thank you for this report, seems to be a very nice place to go to.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

What a great report! Thanks for sharing – looks very relaxing.

Can you comment on your tent setup please? I am intrigued…is it specifically made for high wing Cessnas or did you make some other solution work?

HighFly
EDDM

There could be restriction on the avgas distribution. It’s better to call the restaurant before to ensure because otherwise you’ll have to fly to Figari. It happened to me once last year.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 05 Nov 19:54
LFMD, France

I thought the pump at Propriano was self service with a credit card machine…?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

HighFly wrote:

Can you comment on your tent setup please?

My wife did it with her sewing machine suitable for our C 182. The flap and the aileron are relieved from pressure by little plates and clamps.

greg_mp wrote:

There could be restriction on the avgas distribution.

This can happen anywhere. It happened to us at Colmar. We just ignored the Notams.

boscomantico wrote:

Yes it is. We tanked 250 Liters without problems using a EC card.

Berlin, Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Yes it is, but it doesn’t prevent the tank to be emptied.

LFMD, France

Sure, but that goes for every fuel station or bowser.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@Eddspeter, we would be ok for a camping fly-in, the plane emptying the lodging budget :) I guess it will depend on your plane’s repair.

LFKO has no a notam for no fuel until end of the year. Seems strange. Maybe they won’t refill until next spring for the season.

LFOU, France

@Jujupilote You are right, no hotels anymore for a long while.
Our plane should be repaired on the 5th of December, so hopefully we can refill the lodging budget until next spring. But it‘s great if we arrange the camping fly in together. What about the 1.-3. Max next year? Then it should be warm enough to enjoy the sea.

EDDS , Germany
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message