Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Greece enforcing slots

From the document posted by Emir above

Those two are unbelievable. Kithira has mostly just one flight per day… Sitia slightly more. Neither has yet been fraported.

Karpathos is a worry since I am planning on stopping there in September, on the way to Kastelorizo.

how much people really must like Greece to put up with the Fraport sort of sh!t

Exactly; Greece is a wonderful country to visit:

• lovely places
  • very friendly and nice people
  • great food
  • great climate
  • nobody expects you to learn their language

Just got back from a week there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Emir wrote:

1.2.1. All GA/BA Aircraft Operators or Handling Agent representatives must send GA/BA slot requests/changes/deletions in writing by email (in English only) to [email protected] using IATA SSIM GCR message format (SSIM Manual Appendix K).

OK consider me for example an illiterate private pilot on the subject.
How would I do this step by step to request, receive, follow up and if need be change my SLOT ?

Has someone tried it and succeeded in administering a SLOT privately on his own ?

LGMG Megara, Greece

Has someone tried it and succeeded in administering a SLOT privately on his own ?

I don’t know but I got info after contacting Greek CAA that slot request would be accepted only if submitted by handler so I didn’t try to do it. That’s in collision with what’s written in this document so I gave up.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hi @Emir, the document says what the CAA says, have a look in 1.2.9.:

All GA/BA slot requests/changes/deletions using service type D (Registration number) at coordinated Greek Airports must be cleared ONLY through a Greek Handling Agent representative.

Last Edited by TobiBS at 09 Jun 21:51
P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS

Thanks @TobiBS – unfortunately it means 50€ for sending one e-mail.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

With reference to this I went to look whether these slots are required for VFR also and the slot guidelines make no difference on this, so VFR flights seem to need a slot too.

This is bad, but against the background of the other hassles down there, not impossible to do. I just need to work out how to format that special email they want to see.

If a slot request is refused, do they indicate which time might be ok, or do you just try another time?

OTOH http://www.aopa.gr/Info states that it is a requirement for IFR only.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

With reference to this I went to look whether these slots are required for VFR also and the slot guidelines make no difference on this, so VFR flights seem to need a slot too.

AIP GEN1.2 says otherwise.

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

I was just going through the new AIRAC for updating the OFMA charts and stumbled upon this (marked as new be the CAA). I thought it might be relevant for this thread.

ESME, ESMS

A 1000 euro fine for missing the slot by more than 20 mins?

@petakas might want to know about this. It pretty well kills all GA flight to any slotted airport unless the flight is so short you can guarantee hitting the slot.

Administrator

Uhuhu….give me more of that .!

LGGG
Sign in to add your message