Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Greece enforcing slots

I flew in and out of LGST twice in May this year, IFR, and with Skyserve as handler. No slot was requested and also not charged for it.

This week I am supposed to do it again, and I am wondering if I should try and apply for a slot myself or just hope to be lucky again.

I see the handler copied the Greek CAA on my handling confirmation, as well as the airport.
My plan is to see what happens when I arrive (overnight stay).

The only commercial flight that day arrives 2 hrs after I do, with a 15 min turnaround time. Slot’s are obviously a vital necessity….

I went to LGST in Sep 2018 and while slots were mandatory, it turned out that nobody cared. In fact nobody at the airport was even capable of receiving my emails with PNR I just landed, had the passport looked at, and that was it.

The Fraport airports are all (?) slotted and they are a very different case; much more militant.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Goldair sees slots as a way to make money. In addition to the original application, they charge 35 EUR for revisions in arrival time.

Tököl LHTL

I paid the full slot fee for every slot time change – 50 euros in the case of Samos LGSM.

It’s a case of the locals seeing Fraport fleecing the customers so they though “we should do the same while we can; may not last for ever”

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This week I am supposed to do it again, and I am wondering if I should try and apply for a slot myself or just hope to be lucky again.

You can’t apply for slot yourself – you can only do it via handler.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I see it as another way for the Greek Govt to balance its books to make it look good for the IMF and the Banksters from northern EU.

KHTO, LHTL

Ok, I can confirm that Sitia, LGST don’t bother with slots (and Skyserve don’t charge for them either).

Very pleasant handling experience, both for technical stops and overnight. (€60-70 total handling and fees for AOPA member).

The slowest part was waiting for the police computer to boot and process my passport.

Be sure to fuel before proceeding to the terminal – it is on the opposite side of the runway. BP expensive avgas (well not by Greek standards), just now about €3.30 / liter

107 Posts
Sign in to add your message