Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Good GA field for a few day trip to Berlin?

Thinking of stopping into Berlin mid-august and wondering what the best option is for an easy GA airfield nearby. Reviewing old posts doesn’t have me too optimistic.

Will need AVGAS and relatively low overnight/handling fees. Since the visit will be a few days long being close to the city isn’t as important.

EHLE, Netherlands

EDAZ, Schoenhagen. Very easy and good!

Alexis wrote:

EDAZ

Looks great, thanks! Their web site is very organized and fees are low.
http://www.flugplatz-schoenhagen.aero/fileadmin/dms/images/Fuer_Piloten/fees_and_charges_Internet_2017.2.pdf

Fuel prices are a bit high but I’m used to US prices :)

EHLE, Netherlands

Anyone know anything about Werneuchen EDBW? Looks like a short train ride in.

EHLE, Netherlands

From EDAZ the guys from the tower will shuttle you to the next train station, but they also have two or three cheap rental cars.

There’s also a nice hotel right next to the tower abd restaurant!

I don’t know why people always mention EDAZ Schönhagen. It is very far from Berlin and the connection is not that great at all.

Personally I always prefer Strausberg EDAY which is located directly next to an S-Bahn station where you can walk over and take the next metro downtown. They also have hangarage most of the time and whenever I come, they are extremely helpful and friendly.

achimha wrote:

located directly next to an S-Bahn station

Excellent thanks!

EHLE, Netherlands

I do suggest also EDAY, easier and chaeper to go to Berlin as EDAZ. If you prefer to have a car you may join App2Drive. Fiat 500 are available on both fields for good rates.

EDDS , Germany

I prefer EDAZ, because the airport is very “friendly”, has great service – and the mentioned cars. I did not know EDAY has app2drive now! I also like the hotel on field.

And from March 1, 2018 it will have an LPV approach.

Sure, Strausberg is good too, but i don’t know it that well.

Last Edited by at 08 Jul 07:53

Strausberg EDAY. Super friendly staff. Low fees. Close to the train station that brings you straight to Alexanderplatz.

ESMK, Sweden
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message