Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

German airfields with good lunch on field

My Home field, EDXE has a good new restaurant. No fancy stuff but good quality. (Recommendation: Burgers or Salads).

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

acquilinus wrote:

Bad Worishofen (EDDM) is another which is good but does not meet your Asphalt runway criteria. Aalen (EDPA) is also very good, quite a big airpark, adjacent restaurant good parking facilities. They have lunch buffet where you can eat only salads if one is concerned about upsetting W&B ;)

EDDM doesn’t meet asphalt runway criteria? Pretty sure it does. Just I don’t want to have to pay the landing fees

EDL*, Germany

Steve6443 wrote:

Pretty sure it does.

Nope I recently landed there, its a grass runway for sure!

Steve6443 wrote:

Just I don’t want to have to pay the landing fees

Ok, am I reading the joke clearly here, you’re probably referring to the autobahn next to it…..

Germany

EDDM is Munchen, not Bad Worishofen

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

EDRG Idar-Oberstein is nice, you can order your steak during approach (at least you could 3 years ago) and it will be done right on time when you step out of your aircraft :-)

Fun Fact: Bruce Willis is from Idar-Oberstein

LEBL, Spain

Peter_Mundy wrote:

EDDM is Munchen, not Bad Worishofen

My Bad, its EDNH I was referring to.

Germany

Perhaps I was just unlucky, but last time I ate at the Strasbourg restaurant I ended up with a horrible bout of stomach illness. I won’t go into details, but it was pretty awful!

Not far from there is the small airfield of Sarre-Union. Tiny runway in the middle of nowhere, BUT walk in to the clubhouse and you’ll find a log fire, and a chef who had a Michelin star in a previous life. Well worth a visit.

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)

I’m looking for a list of German aerodromes: public airports, private airfields, even small grass ones. Can anybody provide a link to it? It would be great if it’s published by somewhat respected and known company (like a Pooley’s Flight Guide for the UK) or by the German CAA (which is less likely to have everything listed in the AIP).

Czech Republic

What you need is the German “AIP VFR”, which is published by DFS (both in paper and digitally). Check any German pilot shop on the web.

Alternatively, you can buy the Jeppesen Airway Manual VFR for Germany. The “coverage” is the same, just the style is different.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Is it going to contain all the airfields which exist in reality and in good shape, but for some reason (maybe they don’t have some sort of license) are not listed in the official AIP? Usually, many countries fail to include a lot of aerodromes, because of bureaucracy and certification issues, although they’re not abandoned and used by pilots in real life.

Last Edited by igor at 27 Oct 15:17
Czech Republic
Sign in to add your message