Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA Airports ideally located

Croatia/Brac LDSB – short ride to Bol
Germany/Lübeck EDHL – easy access to the city from the bus stand just outside the terminal
Austria/Salzburg LOWS – close by the city, easy access to the Alps via car rental
Sweden/Visby ESSV – 40 min walk or short taxi ride to the city
Italy/Elba – close by the Marina and town, in addition to a very interesting approach from the north :)

Italy
Rimini LIPR – walking distance to the beach (outside the holiday season!)

France
Quiberon LFEQ – small taxi ride or rental bike ride to marina/beaches
La Rochelle LFBH – bus ride to town/port/beach (short)
Colmar LFGA – bus ride to historic town

EDM_, Germany

Ameland EHAL quick bike ride to the beach or walk in the old town of Ballum (Hotel Nobel).
Karlovy Vary LKKV ten minutes by taxi to the old town, very nice.

EHTE, Netherlands

Paris? Toussous is practically free and a € 25 taxi ride to the Metro and Lognes is great too and close to a RER station.

Peter wrote:

What Europe does lack is GA access to big cities such as London or Paris, at a price which infrequent visitors would just about pay, say below €100. I am sure we have various past threads on that one… Too many of these are in the €500 region which is a joke.

I have not done the trip yet, but I do regard London as well-connected via Southend and the frequent high speed train into the center. I don’t consider Heathrow much better in that regard.

Generally, to add one to the bucket list: LECN Castellon in Spain. It’s literally on the beach and there are decent enough beach view accommodations within a 500 m walking radius to your aircraft to be had for less than 30 EUR/night.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

martin-esmi wrote:

Germany/Lübeck EDHL – easy access to the city from the bus stand just outside the terminal

There is also App2Drive car sharing available now, like at many other airfields in Germany. I used it last week in Lübeck and I’m a big fan already.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Blackpool/EGNH – walking distance from the tram stop at the south end of Blackpool
Gloucester/EGBJ – short taxi from both Gloucester and Cheltenham (about 3.5mi); hire cars available at the airfield (which are to be honest cheaper than using the taxi).

Andreas IOM

Antwerp- Belgium/EBAW – get out of the airport, taxi 10 min to the center or the bus 20min. Stampe Vertongen Museum at the airport
Ostend- Belgium/ EBOS – take the bus and 15 min later you are in the center or walking on the beach
Speyer- Germany/EDRY- 10 min walk to the center. Nice museum next to the airport, Technik Museum Speyer

EBGB

I use Denham for London. 5min £6 cab ride to the train station, 25 mins to Marylebone and direct tube to Oxford St., £16 day return anywhere in the capital.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Bremen EDDV, while not a GA only airport, is pretty close to the city centre (about 15 mins by tram, which stops just in front of the terminal). Sights are plentiful in the city, most notable the Rathaus (town hall) UNESCO world heritage site or a small but famous statue of the Bremen town musicians are just two examples.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany
Sign in to add your message