Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LFTF Cuers - Information welcome!

Planning a bit my trip across Switzerland / France / Italy next week, and trying to meet Dad & brother on a sailing boat they are going to charter in Hyeres.
Seems like the SR22 I’d be flying is a bit too light for Toulon Hyeres, so looking at this one now.

Are there any issues obtaining authorizations / permissions, or tricks making the whole experience cheaper?

Thanks!

I emailed the aero club in June and ok to land and park for several days, very reasonably rates. Ended up in Avignon because of WX.

Norman
United Kingdom

I chartered a sailboat in Hyeres (Au fil de l’étrave) in the end of June and had the experience you had when contacting the Hyeres airport. It is not accessible to airplanes below 5700 kg. I therefore chose Cuers.

I called ahead and explained my intentions. Got some good tips about the pricing. There is a big difference between below and above 1500 kg. As far as I can tell they must have some of the cheapest 100LL in France (1.80 €).

Parking is on “grass”. Not as bad as Calvi, but I walked up my path before motoring over. You may also be able to stop on a hard taxiway and push the airplane back on the grass.

Try to find a spot which is not too exposed to the Mistral.

I believe the name of the airport manager (“Société d’exploitation de la zone civile” or something like that) I talked to is Yann. He is the one that will help you fuel and charge you for fuel and airport fees. He is of course not available during lunch hours, so try arriving outside 12-14 LT.

Getting a taxi could be a challenge.

The airport restaurant is very decent. We had a fantastic shrimp salad.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 21 Aug 13:41
LFPT, LFPN

Thanks. I’m >1500 kg unfortunately but never had very large charges in France so far.
Tried to call them up earlier (and now) and getting no answer on the number listed in the AIP. Did you talk to them or directly to the Clubs on site?

Taxi shouldn’t be an issue as I can be picked up.

What were the nice pricing tips?

Last Edited by Noe at 21 Aug 13:44

Noe wrote:

Tried to call them up earlier (and now) and getting no answer on the number listed in the AIP.

Try +33 6 80 54 30 31 during opening hours. That number is to the on-duty phone. Too bad it is not published in the AIP. I obtained it from the aeroclub.

You will only be able to enter airside during opening hours. There is a gate by the aeroclub with a videophone you need to call for the on-duty person of “Association de la zone civile” to buzz you in..

LFPT, LFPN

!!! Attention : la piste de LFTF sera fermée pour travaux
du dimanche 27 août CS+30 au samedi 28 octobre LS-30,
bien évidemment sans impondérable !!!

… need to be quick, then ;-)
rather this week ?

EDM_, Germany

Urgh.. Getting me further and further away it seems! Will try to confirm tomorrow by phone since not NOTAMed (yet!)
What do they mean by “sans imponderable”? Just “no exceptions”? My french getting a bit rusty on these subtleties.

Urgh.. Getting me further and further away it seems! Will try to confirm tomorrow by phone since not NOTAMed (yet!)
What do they mean by “sans imponderable”? Just “no exceptions”? My french getting a bit rusty on these subtleties.Probably will have to Look at le castellet now

What do they mean by “sans imponderable”? Just “no exceptions”? My french getting a bit rusty on these subtleties.Probably will have to Look at le castellet now(this post is weird. When I try to edit I don’t see the "double text part)

Last Edited by Noe at 21 Aug 16:05

“sans impondérable” means that the runway will reopen on october 28th “provided nothing unexpected happens” (e.g. the works are delayed due to bad weather). It implies that they do expect delays because they have no provision for any sort of risk…

where does this statement come from, btw?

You may as well consider LFMA, which is open, GA friendly and ~ 1 hour drive to Hyeres

Last Edited by Alboule at 21 Aug 19:26
LFNR

Aviathor wrote:

I called ahead and explained my intentions. Got some good tips about the pricing. There is a big difference between below and above 1500 kg. As far as I can tell they must have some of the cheapest 100LL in France (1.80 €).

With Total Air Card you pay 1.80€/l anywhere :
Tarif Carte et Liste des terrains Air Total

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Noe,

Sorry missed your initial post. Indeed the Air Force is re-paving the runway, since they’re not concerned at all with the GA traffic they’re closing the full runway instead of doing things in tranches… The runway is in very good shape as far as I’m concerned but apparently they keep getting FOD in the transport airplanes which are maintained there (makes you wonder how they cope in Africa and the Middle East).

You may consider landing in Cannes and asking your dad to pick you up there, it’s a nice sailing trip from Hyeres. (It will take him a while to sail back with the dominant westerlies). Aix LFMA is a good 1h30 from Hyeres Harbour.

More generally, Cuers is nice, it pays to get to know the people there. There are only a few good spots for visiting aircrafts (and I call gibs on mine!). The grass is barely good enough to taxi on if you’re above 1500kg.

EGTF, LFTF
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message