Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Asiago Airport LIDA - South Alps, Italy

Hi guy

I’m Mauro, new in this forum! I’d like to present you Asiago Airport, with 3409 ft is the higest airport in Italy. 2 runway, 1 in asphalt and 1 in grass, 1100 mt long. It’s a touristic airport, situated in Asiago plateau, between Garda Lake and Venice. Very nice in every season (in winter is fantastic to see the runway in a white panorama). The little town is very close and there are mountain bike for rent, rooms and apartments in the airport. Landing fee are 15 €, plus 2,5 € every additional passenger (but the first is free so: 1 or 2 POB it costs 15 €, 3 POB is 17,50 €, 4 is 20 € etc.) Asiago is very famous for Asiago cheese and you’ll find a tasting at the desk before paying landing

A very friendly and good place to land and spend some hours or days to relax!

Asiago LIDA

Thank you for the post Avmauro and welcome to EuroGA

I looked up LIDA. It does look great and well located for some ski trips too. However:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ll be riding from the middle of the Dolomites to Rovereto one day next month… I feel a scouting mission to Asiago LIDA coming on, via Passo Rolle

Customs NIL is good, helps to avoid L2K situations with too many Brits…

What about AVGAS and opening hours?

Some views and details of Asiago here. Opening hours are 9-19. Avgas they have been working on this for a few years and everything was supposed to be in place in 2016. Last status was “end of this summer”… Mauro will certainly share the exact details. Anyway, there is Avgas in so many place nearby (Tremnto, Thiene, Boscomantico, Padova).

It’s really worth it. The restaurant is very good. The air is good. The views are good. And the welcome is fantastic.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Fuel can easily be done in the super near thiene LIDH, where there are no Landing fees at all if you do at least 30€ of fuel (Avgas, Mogas, JET A-1 available).
You simply taxi from RWY to the fuel pump, do it self-service (cash and credit cards accepted) and then you’re free to take off again.

Asiago is really worth visiting and i suggest spending at least one night there.
Many nice tracks for a nice and easy trekking, or mountain bike trails, in a beautiful surrounding, plus asiago itself is the typical well kept city you expect when Touring in the alps.

Plus, since the beginning of this year they’ve just opened rooms for the night at the airport, all named after nice historical planes of the early times of aviation.
Waking up next to yuor plane, with the fresh air of the alps sneaking in the open window is simply something not to be missed!

I have super nice memories of my last time there with my wife, here a couple of pics from that trip:

LILC, Italy

I can highly recommend Asiago

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Any recent feedback on Asiago ? Do they have any plans to sell AVGAS ?
I will certainly make a stop there during the trip to Venice.

LFOU, France

My last visit was May this year. All still as in this thread. Mauro is still always talking as if the fuel pumps would be in place very shortly, but this has been going for years… He clearly underestimated the project. Anyway, lots of places selling avgas very nearby.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I met some at exhibtionist at Friedrikshafen. Took some pamphlets because the place looks great.

How far is it to any ski mountains? Cross country ski trails?

Really a shame they dont have AVgas.

But its worth a visit even an overnight stay at the airport.

KHTO, LHTL
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message