Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Site qualification La Mole St Tropez LFTZ - Info required

I’ll be in the area next week, and might be a good opportunity to get the site qualification done, so that I can get there direct from the UK on subsequent trips.

Any suggestions of who to do the qualification with? Preferably in the SR22 i’ll be flying, but if needed could rent too.

Noe,

The instructor I did it with sadly passed away (not aviation related), but he was with this club: [email protected]

Before you do it, please beware of three things :
- it’s not yet certain they will retain Schengen port of entry status after Sep 30th
- they sell AVGAS at 3.70eur
- anything above 15kts westerly closes the airport for take off or landing.

EGTF, LFTF

Thanks denopa, all these good to know.
I’ll contact them.

And site rating is more or less 500€ (for the instructor)
They do a package for landings for the training (something like 100€ when i did mine)

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Did it today, 250 for instructor then price of one landing for site qualification.

Very pleasant guy, I picked him up in Cannes. Happy to provide details via PM if anyone interested. He ll also do TP and Jets.

Last Edited by Noe at 29 Aug 16:56

How long until it lapses?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

You have to use it at least once over a two years period (see the VAC for more details)

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I know it’s easy to dismiss this as a job creation scheme, but I renewed mine this summer after 23 months and found the approach to 06 “interesting”… I know I won’t let so long pass again before going there, don’t want to get rusty.

EGTF, LFTF

The take off from 24 is also interesting. Big ones (I think largest they get are the falcon 7x) apparently never land off 06 or take off 24.

The intructor (who is also mountain instructor instructor) said if the cirrus manual allows for 10kts tailwind take off, up to that limit he’d rather take off from 06 with tail rather than 24)

Definitely agree with him.

EGTF, LFTF
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message