Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corfu LGKR

boscomantico wrote:

the fuelling people will have you sit in the heat before they consider you…

Last time I spent 2 hours there at apron waiting for fuel at 40 degrees.

Last Edited by Emir at 08 Jun 15:37
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

We decided to drop Corfu. We’ll be staying on Paros LGPA at Piso Livadi (last week in August-first week in September) with an occasional day trip to non Fraport islands. Anyone care to join?

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 08 Jun 18:03
Tököl LHTL

Update: LGKR is €177, with AOPA membership (SR22).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Since the landing fees have been reduced, that sounds plausible. That guy probably went in „winter season“, probably didn‘t fly IFR, didn’t park, didn‘t have any pax and didn‘t require customs, though.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 21 Nov 17:48
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It was in summer and vfr. If you want I can check if it was with pax or if they counted all as crew.

always learning
LO__, Austria

€177 was with over-night parking. I’ve been there a few times, the price was the same for a short-stop and for an over-night stop. No pax. And, by the way, the handler (SkyServ) was always very quick and efficient (unlike many other Greek airports).

LCPH, Cyprus

Parking is only a minor factor in the total. But the other points still stand. On a more typical profile (say 3 nights, 2 pax and an IFR flight, one will often still pay approx. 300€ at the Fraports. Whether that is worth it depends on various factors, one being how “well” they handle you. On my last visit to Skiatos, I couldn’t fault them at all, so it was overall “ok”. Good to hear about good experiences in Corfu, which is usually known for rather terrible handling (and fuelling) experiences. Which agent?

boscomantico wrote:

Which agent?

SkyServ

LCPH, Cyprus

According to him (the youtuber mentioned by petakas), Corfu is now cheaper than Dubrovnik for a fuel stop !
Fees : 112€ vs 128€
But the fuel price is still much higher : 3,22€ vs 1,99€

It is for a 1200kg DA40, 4 POB with AOPA card.

LFOU, France

Nothing new there. if you

• are below 1.2 tons
  • go VFR
  • need no customs
  • don’t park (which also means no pax fees)
  • need nothing else
  • get the AOPA discount

then 112€ is well possible. It actually sounds a lot if going by the Corfu price list local copy, even if adding basic AOPA handling on top.

In most cases though, people will spend quite a bit more. Plus, as you said, on top comes the very expensive fuel in Greece.

Doesn’t make the new Dubrovnik charges any better, though.

[ url fixed ]

Last Edited by boscomantico at 21 Jan 13:08
Sign in to add your message