Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna 210 Around the World VLOG

It’s amazing how the vlogger guy (who knows nothing about GA) is becoming a big fan of private flying.
In the episode, he takes family and friends on a tour around Shoreham and everybody gets a blast !!

I think these videos are a big support for GA, showing people who never heard of it how cool and accessible it is !
Let’s hope it creates new pilots and supporters !

Fun fact n°1 : No sign of 113AC while they are in soreham
Fun fact n°2 : listen to Matt’s opinion on UK’s airspace and airports at 5:50 Guess what he says ?
Fun fact n°3 : the G-reg PA28 appears to be fitted with a Garmin G5 !!! First time I see one. See about 15:00 in the video.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 24 Sep 11:55
LFOU, France

Totally agree with you. This is good publicity, just the fun of flying.

ESSZ, Sweden

Kudos to these guys for having the gumption to embark on such an ambitious project. Very envious.

I am up to EP 6 at the moment. I cannot understand why they did not go for the bladder tank. They had a Turtlepac tank and could have used a smaller one for the shorter legs with a quick disconnect set-up. I have the exact same concept. I do not accept the use of an electric pump is any more risky or complex than that abortion of a hand pump and science project they need to use. Almost feels like they got brow beaten into the aluminum tank by the crusty mechanic. lol

Cream puff of an aircraft. Great to see a 210 renovated to this standard. I also have an unashamed bias for Aspen displays – (although mine just failed after 9 years with an internal static port leak) and this is a great looking installation.
I love the fact JP seems to be hands on with the maintenance. An essential trait for a long distance small aircraft pilot.

Agreed, being able to hop around to all those local US airports for parts and expertise, free crew cars, and Uber service – ahh- what a luxury– a different reality to mine for sure. :=)

Wish there was more focus on the flying. I have not seen a clear view of the full panel yet.

Sadly I am on my way back to the UK (flying commercial) so will be unable to meet them in Bangkok otherwise I am sure it would have been a hoot.
E

Last Edited by eal at 27 Sep 09:00
eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

In the last episode, they fly from Shoreham to Karlsruhe via Belgium. They encounter significant icing en route which makes nice shots but they stay surprinsingly relaxed (from what I see).

They look a bit nervous and use several apps for filing their FPL, I recognized RR and Garmin Pilot.

LFOU, France

“I noticed we had icing when I saw the airspeed had dropped by 20kt”.

Hmm, yeah. A better way to notice is when the aircraft stalls and starts to spiral dive. Night IMC is one of the worst things you can do in a SEP. I absolutely hate it.

Of course they’re having fun flying the usual Belgian route from KOK to DIK.

A better way to notice is when the aircraft stalls and starts to spiral dive. Night IMC is one of the worst things you can do in a SEP.

Your can be absolutely sure that you stalled if the spinner has a dent.

I have never flown night IFR, not to talk about IMC. While I would do night IFR (if it was possible from where I live) I would never do night IMC. Too scary for me.

Last Edited by at 27 Sep 11:47

achimha wrote:

“I noticed we had icing when I saw the airspeed had dropped by 20kt”.

I wonder what kind of experience these guys have? You put on the pitot heat when the temp goes down to 33*F or 1C. The only thing that might have iced up is the pitot tube. It is possible there might not be too much noticeable ice on the wings or windshield. Of course an occasional check with the ice light or flashlight is prudent. Icing is very odd in that it can always surprise you, just when you think youve seen it all.

Alexis wrote:

I have never flown night IFR, not to talk about IMC.

Ive flown hundreds of hrs night IFR (IMC) with night approaches. Having the right equipment and training as well as currency make it safer. But is flying small GA really safe? Its all about managing risk.

KHTO, LHTL

Leg fom Vienna to Crete:

Looks like someone bolloxed up their autopilot in LOAV…
…probably hard to find a half competent autopilot technician before reaching, say, Australia departing Crete…

Actually, in “live” terms, the ARE in Australia right now (Sydney). A pity the that they came up so far behind on the VLOG…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
38 Posts
Sign in to add your message