Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain, Menorca LEMH/LESL, 7/8 October 2017

It’s moving fast. You’ll be clear on Wednesday and Friday while I’ll have clear weather on Thursday.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I am planning to depart Friday morning if the weather allows. But it seems to me that the stuff might get stuck where it is right now as it is not moving fast according to my opinion. It was already there since last Thursday, moved just a little bit to the east recently so it is right here at my place currently. How I hate weather!!! It should be present at night only, leaving nice sunny days all year round.

LKHK, Czech Republic

Friday looks ok on the MSLP.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Meteox gives picture consistant with MSLP.

http://meteox.com/forecastloop.aspx?type=1&continent=europa#

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

10 aircraft now

We have 28 people in the telegram group for the fly-in. A few have said they won’t be able to come and a few more seem to be offline, but that still leaves lots more who might turn up. Plus any Spanish pilots we haven’t heard from.

The Saturday night restaurant is being booked for 20 people.

Administrator

Again for anyone going to LEMH, we have this final pricing from MTA Handling

The two other handlers did not respond usefully to communications from multiple pilots. Presumably they were not interested in the mention that Spanish regs require the availability of a minimum handling option

On top of the above are the airport fees – landing and parking – which are here [ local copy ]

Also if anyone would like me to bring a EuroGA t-shirt (€10) let me know.

Administrator

A whole bunch has already arrived… I am departing today 0730 UTC. Looking forward to some decent tailwind

Administrator

ILS 01 into LEMH, under the base of a big TCU

Super efficient, with car turning up before we opened the doors and avgas minutes later

Airborne time 4:10 hrs. Tailwind was 40kt most of the time – as per GFS forecast.

Administrator

Administrator

We had 13 at the dinner, with 2 others having had to fly back earlier. That’s about the same as we had on Astypalea – a vastly longer trip. Apart from Aart, no Spanish pilots Where is Spanish GA flying to? Lots of them read EuroGA. We probably need a lot more VFR content…

It’s been great to meet some new faces as well as catch up with some old previously seen faces Thank you all for coming along!

Menorca is a really nice place to see, and the weather is stunning over vast parts of Europe. I have not seen this for years.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message