Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spain, Menorca LEMH/LESL, 7/8 October 2017

Peter wrote:

My plan is to fly to LEMH directly, and back. The €200 is a ripoff but this is a one-off and I am not likely to ever go there again. I know that nobody likes to be ripped off openly but sometimes it’s better to just get on with life.

Are you sure? I have some contacts in low places that would enable you, our ayatollah, to park inside that hangar on the above pic..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I need immigration and avgas.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You need an intermediate stop

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

You know I don’t like doing pointless stops

Administrator

LESL has avgas but strictly for the aeroclub members only (been checked).

Administrator

Peter wrote:

LESL has avgas but strictly for the aeroclub members only (been checked).

You can always join the club

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

This GFS site is forecasting good wx for the first weekend

It turns out there is a provision in Spanish law forcing handlers to offer a specific minimum level of service. If this can be obtained, it would substantially reduce the costs at LEMH. We are checking this out.

Administrator

Little question for you guys :

I started planning for Menorca with a stop in Perpignan and I wonder : What is the best way to manage Barcelona and Girona airspace ?
My plan for now :

From the French/spanish border to Girona, does ATC accepts VFRs in the TMA or do I need to follow the coast at low level ?

I would like to be AHAP (as high as possible) for the water crossing to Menorca.
Does Barcelona TMA and then Palma TMA accepts VFR at say FL75 to 105? Or do I need to stay below ( below 3000ft it seems) ?

Last question : who can I call for FIS when in OCAS in this area ? Preferably somebody with radar.

Thank you. I hope your answers will help others too.

LFOU, France

I would like to be AHAP (as high as possible) for the water crossing to Menorca.
Does Barcelona TMA and then Palma TMA accepts VFR at say FL75 to 105? Or do I need to stay below ( below 3000ft it seems) ?.

Barcelona TMA: in theory yes, since it’s class D.

Palma TMA: definitely no VFR clearances, since it’s class A, so you will have to descend to stay below it.

Last question : who can I call for FIS when in OCAS in this area ? Preferably somebody with radar.

In Spain, no particular FIS sectors and frequencies are published. Use the Approach control frequencies for that.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Following post #78:

This is for those not reading the telegram group for the fly-in. I suggest anyone who might possibly want to fly to LEMH, or just wants to help the rest, sends an email like the following

The three handlers are:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Currently, all three are stonewalling, presumably because they don’t want to do the legally required option of the minimum handling.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message