Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Vienna airport LOAV or LOWW

Didn't I say so?... ;-)

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Hi Emir, next time better go to LOAG (Krems) take a train to vienna and instead of 327 Euros it will be closer to 27 Euros. regards detlev

EDHE

Or Stockerau. Much closer to Vienna (the closest of all).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

But I had to try it to check if I was capable to do that. Next time Vienna will definitely not be Schwechat.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Nice Emir. I find at these airports the taxiing is the biggest challenge.

EGTK Oxford

To put these costs into perspective what is the type of aircraft you took to LOWW?

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Socata TB20 Trinidad, MTOW 1400 kg.

Yes, taxing was the most challenging but I was better prepared on departure than on the arrival. On arrival I took M instead of L but tower warned me immediately and provided guidance to correct.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

My favorite on the radio after touchdown: "Request progressive taxi". It should be "Sorry, I was too lazy to figure out your taxiway maze so just give me turn by turn navigation and do something for your money"

I find that in Europe most larger airports give progressive taxi instructions to non regular crews -- to avoid the risk of incursions whereas in the US it is standard to expect you to know your way around but give you progressive taxi instructions if you request them. A lot of the glass cockpits have geo referenced taxi charts and JeppFD on the iPad supports it for most larger airports in Europe as well.

At Barcelona for example the taxi clearance had about 15 items in it. I don't ask for progressive taxi but if I am confused I stop while I work it out or ask for help.

EGTK Oxford
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message