Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hiking fly-in: Spain 2018, LECD etc

How long a “hike” are you people thinking of? If it is a multi-day one, you will obviously need to stay somewhere overnight.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Here you go

Aero Hotel Cerdanya Ca L’eudald

Just a few km’s away. Frequently used by glider pilots.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Jujupilote wrote:

After discussing with Peter, we chose the first weekend of May as the timeframe of this fly-in.
I should be off work from May 1 to May 8.

@Patrick, @wleferrand, @Aviathor, @LFHNflightstudent, @dublinpilot, @terbang, @eddsPeter : please tell us what your plan would be

Sorry for the very late reply. I won’t be able to take that much off work – but still keen to join for a weekend, potentially a long one.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I don’t know either, but could at least make it a long weekend. It is also around my birthday and not sure I can leave my wife to go hiking with my loved ones

Last Edited by Aviathor at 14 Nov 11:11
LFPT, LFPN

I wasn’t clear : I will take a week off and take advantage of the flyin to fly a “tour de France”.
The hiking days would be on the weekend, May 4 to 6. You can arrive early/leave later as you wish.

Thank you aart for the hotel. I suggest everyone choose the hotel he/she prefers. I can take a one or two star-one. Don’t know yet how many people I’ll bring with me.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 14 Nov 11:32
LFOU, France

We flew here for hiking a few years ago: http://www.fyresdalflyplass.no/ENFY/Home.html

The scenery was breathtaking. Both from above and below.

ESME, ESMS

Jujupilote wrote:

Looks like Mesa, AZ in Europe
The approach to RWY31 at Hoexter EDVI is similar. Fun.

ESMK, Sweden

Looks like Mesa, AZ

Did you mean Sedona?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

aart wrote:

no fuel in LECD

Pilot feedback in SkyDemon quotes 100LL available at LECD for 2.35€ as of june 7 this year. Might be seasonal though.
5€ landing fee for a Blackshape, 10€ for a Mooney.
“Swimming pool, bar, restaurant. Very international, leisurely and relaxed enviroment” is the other comment.

ESMK, Sweden

Yes Bosco, I meant Sedona !

Dimme, Thank you for the advice. It seems to be a really neat airfield in Fyresdal : I add it on my to-go list (would love to overfly the Norsk Hydro plant, famous in WW2)

For those planning to hike near LECD, check out igc.cat/vissir or google it. It is the equivalent of Geoportail, all the topographic maps on line. Several GR including GR11 passes near the airfield.
Looks promising !

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message