Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hiking fly-in: Spain 2018, LECD etc

Unless something breaks on the plane I’ll be coming to this trip from Muret (LFBR). I’ll have a few spare seats if someone needs a lift.

Looks like it is going to be a nice group!
@jujupilote I’ll be at the Aero on the friday so we could meet.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Nice article on Garrett (hypoxiacub) and the area round La Cerdanya in this month’s Pilot (UK)

http://www.pressreader.com/uk/pilot/20180401/281543701400898

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Telegram group joining link https://t.me/joinchat/BcKpDk5UNtxQLMG4hcHOZg

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi hiker-pilots !

We have had a chat on the Telegram Group (where anyone interested in this trip is warmly welcome ) about the accomodation options near LECD.

I believe it would make things easier to stay within walking distance of each other, to make diners and group activities easier. The town of Alp offers several options.
The Aero hotel mentioned before seems attractive if non-luxurious (Peter couldn’t resist the rate too )

Could you guys confirm your coming and if you are big-hiker/small-hiker/no-hiker ?
And start thinking about where you will stay.
For the non-hikers pilots/passengers, the area offers golf courses and other leisure options…

LFOU, France

As Jujupilote says I did book the Aero hotel. It is central enough, has OK reviews, claims to have a BATH, and was £110 for 3 nights including breakfast. I think I will do the 3000ft walk but not the refuge since I like a proper bed

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

When people will answer, I will probably make the program match our hiker’s abilities. This is not meant to be elitistic.

LFOU, France

To sum up:

I’m a big-hiker to medium-hiker (not very trained at the moment, but I’m a rock climber as well, so should be fine for the more extensive hike including refuge.

Generally, accomodation tent (preferred) or Aero, which looks fine.

So far, it looks like I’m coming alone, if that changes, I’ll notify you!

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

The Aero hotel knows that we’ll be coming 4-6 May and have blocked a number of rooms. We may also have our joint dinner there, TBD. Some of us have already booked there, so you may want to at [email protected], so NOT via booking.com or the like. IMPORTANT: mention ‘EuroGA fly-in’ when you book. Price: 42 euro pp for an individual room, 35 pp for a double. Rooms are the same. There is no formal cancellation policy..

See post number 1 for the Telegram group. If you are planning to come, please join.. And post there if you have booked a room, so that we can keep track.

Last Edited by aart at 20 Mar 17:23
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Unfortunately, I won’t make this one. I have a family event that week-end and will probably have run out of aviation money by then anyway :D Have a great time everyone.

LFMD
Sign in to add your message