Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hiking fly-in: Spain 2018

How long a “hike” are you people thinking of? If it is a multi-day one, you will obviously need to stay somewhere overnight.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Here you go

Aero Hotel Cerdanya Ca L’eudald

Just a few km’s away. Frequently used by glider pilots.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Jujupilote wrote:

After discussing with Peter, we chose the first weekend of May as the timeframe of this fly-in.
I should be off work from May 1 to May 8.

@Patrick, @wleferrand, @Aviathor, @LFHNflightstudent, @dublinpilot, @terbang, @eddsPeter : please tell us what your plan would be

Sorry for the very late reply. I won’t be able to take that much off work – but still keen to join for a weekend, potentially a long one.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I don’t know either, but could at least make it a long weekend. It is also around my birthday and not sure I can leave my wife to go hiking with my loved ones

Last Edited by Aviathor at 14 Nov 11:11
LFPT, LFPN

I wasn’t clear : I will take a week off and take advantage of the flyin to fly a “tour de France”.
The hiking days would be on the weekend, May 4 to 6. You can arrive early/leave later as you wish.

Thank you aart for the hotel. I suggest everyone choose the hotel he/she prefers. I can take a one or two star-one. Don’t know yet how many people I’ll bring with me.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 14 Nov 11:32

We flew here for hiking a few years ago: http://www.fyresdalflyplass.no/ENFY/Home.html

The scenery was breathtaking. Both from above and below.

^ESM[ES]$, Sweden

Jujupilote wrote:

Looks like Mesa, AZ in Europe
The approach to RWY31 at Hoexter EDVI is similar. Fun.

ESMK, Sweden

Looks like Mesa, AZ

Did you mean Sedona?

Mainz (EDFZ), Germany

aart wrote:

no fuel in LECD

Pilot feedback in SkyDemon quotes 100LL available at LECD for 2.35€ as of june 7 this year. Might be seasonal though.
5€ landing fee for a Blackshape, 10€ for a Mooney.
“Swimming pool, bar, restaurant. Very international, leisurely and relaxed enviroment” is the other comment.

ESMK, Sweden

Yes Bosco, I meant Sedona !

Dimme, Thank you for the advice. It seems to be a really neat airfield in Fyresdal : I add it on my to-go list (would love to overfly the Norsk Hydro plant, famous in WW2)

For those planning to hike near LECD, check out igc.cat/vissir or google it. It is the equivalent of Geoportail, all the topographic maps on line. Several GR including GR11 passes near the airfield.
Looks promising !

Sign in to add your message