Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hiking fly-in: Spain 2018, LECD etc

I would suggest to walk part of GR150, in particular the section in yellow below which is only 44km long :

That sounds good for me. It means arrival on friday, saturday and sunday doing the walk and flight back on monday, or what do you have in mind?

EDDS , Germany

My plan as of now is to arrive on Friday afternoon, walk Saturday/Sunday, leave Monday morning.
I don’t feel like taking the plane right after a long hike.

I will see friends and family on the way to LECD and on the way back, so I need to coordinate.

I an writing an e mail to the Aeroclub of Sabadell which seems to manage the field. I will tell them to expect about 5 SEP and 1 MEP (for wleferrand).

LFOU, France

Thanks for organizing this, @Jujupilote As the event is scheduled only a few weeks after our planned return to Germany, I really don’t know if we’ll be able to join. Anyway, if we can make it and there is space left for two hikers and a SEP on short notice, we’ll be in

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

@Jujupilote wrote:

My plan as of now is to arrive on Friday afternoon, walk Saturday/Sunday, leave Monday morning.
I don’t feel like taking the plane right after a long hike.

I have noted it in the same way in my agenda. I will come with my wife and our dog. We should vheck in advance for the overnight stops if the dog is accepted. Spain ist often not very dogfriendly in hotels or with private locations.

EDDS , Germany

LECD just answered to my email sent yesterday evening !!

Here is their answer :

Bonjour Mr Greg,

There are great news. If you want to fly and stay in LECD from May 4 to May 7 2018 it’s ok for us. There are not problem for the AVGAS. But it’s important that you know that our hangars are very full (and will be) and your planes should stay at the platform. The fees for a weekend to use the airfield and stay at platform for every plane are:

To use the airfield 10.00€ all the weekend (from Friday to Sunday, both included)

To stay at platform at night 4.00€ all the weekend (from Friday to Sunday, both included)

If you need more days, the fee to use the airfield for every plane is 5.00€/day and to stay at platform at night is 2.00€/day.

You will can pay the fees the last day of your stage in LECD by card or cash.

Thanks in advance for your interest and confidence. See you on May. Best regards,

Roser Carré
L’Aeroclub Cerdanya
Aeròdrom de la Cerdanya
17538 Das-Fontanals
Tel. 00 34 661232703
[email protected]

LFOU, France

Hello all and especially @Jujupilote and thank you for setting up this thread.

So far, I had not replied to your request to mention my plans, as I didn’t have any plans for 2018 laid out yet. I’m now a step further, yet not 100%.

There is a good chance I can join this trip because I will be on Mallorca the weekend thereafter and it seems like a good idea to combine those two into a week-long self-flying trip. It depends a little on some of my friends who are also going to Mallorca, if they want to join me flying or if they prefer the risk of airline flying (with half of them going bankrupt these days) and will update here in due course!

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

What are the definite dates and location (airport) for this one? I can then add it under Meetups and add it to a mailing (sent to everyone who logged in within past 12 months) which will cover the fly-ins up to and including Cambridge in May. Many people don’t follow the forum closely but do turn up on fly-ins and they would otherwise miss it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The dates are 5/6 May but in fact it will be from the evening of May 4 to the morning of May 7. The walk itself will be from early morning May 5 to afternoon May 6.

Airfield will be LECD. Sorry but no close IFR alternantes.

Good news Patrick thank you ! Can’t wait to see you there ! I am myself planning several trips (smaller than yours) and I understand how difficult it is.
My 2 cents : do not try to combine everybody’s best wishes. Keep it as simple as you can.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 16 Jan 19:08
LFOU, France

Done under Meetups. Please check accuracy.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Perfect ! Thank you Peter.

First head count as of now :

• Sure
    - EddsPeter – Bonanza
    - Patrick – ??
    - Me – C172
  • Possible :
    - terbang – Mooney
    - Wleferrand – Piper MEP
    - LFHNflightstudent – PA24