Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hiking fly-in: Spain 2018, LECD etc

Garrett great to see you and your PA-11 are happily ensconced at La Cerdanya. Many years ago flew in and impressed by the hard core gliding community – Puigcerdá is nearby, did you end up living there?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

We are looking at Saint Giron in early march for the possibilitiy of leaving the plane to do some hiking / touring this summer., so your trip looks a real possibility.. 2 people sting S4

Thank you so much for all your excellent advice @hypoxiacub !!!
We’ll certainly ask you questions or some help at the final stages of planning.
I hope we’ll meet you there !

I checked your website : your pictures are so awesome !!

LFOU, France

@RobertL18C – We live SW of the field in a small village surrounded by cows. Puigcerdà is too busy for me!

@Jujupilote – The plan is sadly that I will not be there for the time everyone plans on coming, though I can still offer any advice.

Be glad you didn’t choose this week. We got 78cm of snow and it was -22,8C this morning – a once in 20 year occurrence. I still managed to go flying as they cleared the field and I have a trusty pile of rags and a hairdryer to preheat the engine!

More on May weather. It will be cold at night if anyone is camping. It can snow in the valley, though it is not common. We got 20cm last April 30th in the valley. Some snowfall at 1500m/2000m is possible into June. I have actually seen snowfall at 2500m in all 12 months here.

What are people doing about accommodation?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The ‘Aero hotel’ is an option. I stayed there once. Many visiting glider pilot groups use it AFAIK. Alp is just a few kms from the airfield, pleasant little town.

booking.com search

Last Edited by aart at 18 Feb 07:58
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Need to look a bit deeper

Administrator

Booking.com is not the holy grail so I just gave them a call

Absolutely no problem, plenty of vacancy around these dates. And they give pilots a special rate, very close relationship with the ‘aerodromo’.

Last Edited by aart at 18 Feb 09:29
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

That looks great.

There is some interesting skiing down there too, for earlier in the year than this fly-in. I wonder if anyone here has been there?

Administrator

I didn’t neglect this aspect.
There are different comfort levels in Alp in terms of acomodation. The Aerohotel seems on the cheap side, as far as I can tell.
Every one is free to sleep wherever they prefer, it is a pretty small town anyway.

That said, f several people are interested in the Aerohotel, we may call and ask for a group booking.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 19 Feb 19:25
LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message