Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for nice airport / place to visit in Norway (february), between Tromso and London

I am finalising plans for a trip to Svalbard.
Outbound is pretty much set,
Day 1 (or 0 if weather looking bad on 1): London (EGSX) → Trondheim (ENVA)
Day 2 (no flying) dinner at Faviken in sweden
Day 3 Trondheim ENVA → Tromso ENTC
Day 4 or 5 Tromso ENTC → Svalbard ENSB
Day 9 or 10 Svalbard ENSB → Tromso ENTC → still TBD
Day 11 or 12 TBD → London

Does anyone have recomendations for that TBD stop? Ideally sort of halfway between tromso and london. Requirements are immigration, JET-A1. Hangar availability would be a plus but not a requirement.

(Shetlands are actually also an option)

Flying in a DA42 (deiced) with Long ranges (does any not have them?). Will be carrying O2

Last Edited by Noe at 13 Nov 11:23

Noe wrote:

Does anyone have recomendations for that TBD stop? Ideally sort of halfway between tromso and london. Requirements are immigration,

I suggest ENAL or ENBR. I am pretty sure both are ports of entry.

LFPT, LFPN

If you have time for sightseeing, you should go to ENAL Ålesund – a really unique town.

But ENBR Bergen is also a wonderful tourist city.

I have done the west coast of Norway, and Svalbard, several times and know the airfields fairly well, so feel free to call me.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Have you thought of going to the Lofotens while you are there? They are spectacularly beautiful.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Thanks All. I’ll have a look on the Lofotens (ENLK by looks of it).

Timothy, I’ll ping you one of these days, also regarding cold weather operations in the DA42

ENAL is a nice place to visit.

EGTK Oxford

ENAL is considered to be the least GA friendly airport in Norway. I Talked to one PPL pilot with his home base there this summer. He said the head of the airport has a personal vendetta against GA, at least those stationed there. Haven’t been there for years myself.

The end of February is definitely a time to visit Røros (ENRO). It’s on UNESCO’s list. The airport is walking distance, 5-10 minutes, from the center of the city. Lots of stuff to see and eat and drink. Probably a bit off your direct track?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message