Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

2018 fly-in - Cambridge EGSC 12-13 May 2018

For the geeks amongst us, Cambridge has the Centre for Computing History which is worth a visit.

http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/

If the weather’s good then I’ll be there :-)

Last Edited by alioth at 30 Nov 09:59
Andreas IOM

dublinpilot wrote:

might be wrong but I think someone told me there is only one at that height?

1010 ft near Groningen and 1234ft near Utrecht. In reality 1200ft is no problem at all.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I just booked one of our planes (an Arrow I) and now hope for good weather in May, as I’m VFR only.

Now I’m looking forward to what will be my first visit to the UK :)

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

Dimme wrote:

Cambridge EGSC looks like a doable airport with one stop from Sweden. I will join if I find an A/C with 8.33.

Due to reasons (not 8.33), I will not be able to join.

ESME, ESMS

Interested… never went to the UK. Wondering how challenging this could be (with ao the “basic service” and “standard overhead joins”)

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

The UK is easy. VFR and IFR in Class G possible non-radio. Total freedom

Overhead joins are rare and tend to be done mostly at A/G or AFIS airfields where the guy on the ground likes to regard himself as an ATCO ATC airfields do it only if completely overwhelmed, and that is not likely at Cambridge where the £25 landing fee is £24 higher than 94.85% of UK GA is willing to pay

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

“Overhead joins are rare and tend to be done mostly at A/G or AFIS airfields where the guy on the ground likes to regard himself as an ATCO”

EGBP (Kemble/Cotswolds) for instance.

United States

I would like to come too but I need to join a club which allows its members to rent a plane for 2/3 days. If anyone can recommend one (preferably on the south coast of the UK) that’d be great. Otherwise I’ll take the train to get there

LFMD

jfw wrote:

Interested… never went to the UK. Wondering how challenging this could be (with ao the “basic service” and “standard overhead joins”)

Just don’t let yourself get confused by ‘pass your message’. I flew with club members, all German. And each and every one, on first contact said unanimously: ‘was will der von mir?’ – what is he asking? I will pass your message? I haven’t given him a message, how can he pass it? And who will he pass it to?

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 01 Mar 08:04
EDL*, Germany

I will be flying or driving so may have a spare seat.

Most rental outfits will allow you to take a plane away but will impose a minimum daily billing. This is common in Europe. The figures I hear tend to be 2-3hrs a day. And no, this is not from the UK… But the UK does it too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message