Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

2018 fly-in - Cambridge EGSC 12-13 May 2018

This one has been most recently proposed in the telegram group
http://www.oldbicycleshop.com/foodanddrink/

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I suggest everyone who is interested in coming to Cambridge joins the telegram group – see post #1.

The restaurant would like the menu to be pre-chosen a few days ahead, so please let me know your choices. They sent me the menu and it is here.

The wx looks like it might be very nice.

Administrator

I still hope I’ll make it, depending on if all tests after engines replacements are completed.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

The wx looks like it might be very nice.

I’m facing a bit of a predicament – it’s mother’s day on Sunday, my wife is off to see her mum so I need to be back Sunday lunchtime to make sure I can take care of the dogs. Looking at the weather, in Germany Sunday looks like it could be a real naff day so I’ll probably need to head back Saturday pm. As my co pilot has never been to Duxford, I’ll probably be over Friday afternoon, stopping to look around the museum and then off to Cambridge. Have any plans been drawn up about Saturday lunchtime meet up?

EDL*, Germany

What exactly happens, Steve? Quite a lot of people have joined via it.

https://t.me/joinchat/BcKpDk_tRvvEosvv92K3LQ

The wx is too early to forecast this far out but it looks OK, looking at the Friday MSLP.

We have a restaurant booked – posted above in post #111 and #112.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

We have a restaurant booked – posted above in post #111 and #112.

Yes but that’s Saturday evening, isn’t it? I will need to be away mid afternoon, Sunday won’t be a nice day for flying VFR back to the continent.

EDL*, Germany

Might make this one with maybe one or two more.
I would be a passenger and not sure the aircraft arrangements are firm yet.
Need help on this Telegram thing – new concept to me.
When I try the link I get ‘Safari can’t open’ (iPad).
Havn’t tried on my PC yet.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

What hotels have people booked into? – names / locations.
Know that Cambridge is not cheap, but obviously would like to stay in same or at least similar area.

If we get it together plan would be to fly from EGCM Saturday, nightstop, and fly back Sunday.

I have an airb&b apartment for Justine and myself. We booked it ages ago and it is quite central but wasn’t as cheap as some would like. There were plenty of cheaper options further out. Usually Airb&b and booking.com is what pilots use, in most of Europe.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message