Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

2018 fly-in - Cambridge EGSC 12-13 May 2018

Here’s a few pics from (partly) rainy Cambridge

The open upstairs window is required by the lease, for centuries now… an interesting story

The guy who makes these clocks crashed a TBM… the clock runs fairly randomly but is probably more predictable than an IWC I had

It was really super to catch up with a few old faces and to meet a number of new people whose names I could not (as usual) connect to their forum nicknames

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Saturday being a wash-out and Sunday’s weather forecast looking horrible

You should have moved it to the Isle of Man, for a change while the south and east was getting rained on, the north and west had wall-to-wall sunshine!

Andreas IOM

Sorry I couldn’t make it Peter… my plane is still in maintenance – 5 weeks for the annual so far and still no news as to when it will be ready :(

Glad you had a good meet up.

Howard

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

We had a great meet-up. 15 or 16 people made it, despite the gloomy wx forecasts, Saturday being a wash-out and Sunday’s weather forecast looking horrible (but turned out to be much better in reality).

Cambridge really is a great location.

Administrator

Great! Unfortunately, I’m not coming – I’m picking my aircraft on Monday.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Looks like we may get a dozen aircraft, which would be pretty good.

Administrator

I have never heard of anybody enforcing a specific type of yellow jacket, anywhere.

If you work at an airport, that’s likely to be different. There will be specific clothing required.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Well, yes. But as people have observed many airports in the UK are quite anal about this and I thought better safe than sorry.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

@quatrelle – why email the GAR form to the aeroclub?

Because the aero club handle the flights, they have customs on site the aeroclub will notify them.

If you call the aeroclub for PPR and speak to Megan I am sure it will all be sorted out easily.

I fear WarleyAir has it spot on.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
141 Posts
Sign in to add your message