Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Around the world in 4 weeks - trip report

Great trip. This makes me feel like I haven’t done enough this morning… Definitely an inspiration to get into gear and ‘get it done’.

Congratulations on a safe journey!

Sans aircraft at the moment :-(, United Kingdom

Yes, really a great trip.
I wonder what the purpose of such a rushed trip is, perhaps to demonstrate the capabilities of the pilot or the plane or simply a hunt for a new record?
Louis and JP made a similar trip a few weeks ago, just with a smaller plane. Nearly in every video you can hear how exhausted they where every day.

http://www.funforlouismap.com/

The rush from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport the next morning with flight planning, refueling, handling issues and wx checks in between is not my idea of travel.

Berlin, Germany

These TBM guys did stop here and there – see the photos link.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Of the 28 trip days, 11 were non-flying. We spent most of them in national parks, hiking, diving, etc. A couple days were spent at hotels with the sole purpose of resting. My main motivation to finish the trip in reasonable time was getting back to my family. We were far away from beating any record. TBM factory pilots flew around the world in 80 hours(!) in 1993.

LPFR, Poland

Amazing trip. Well done. Truly inspirational.

highflyer wrote:

Yes, really a great trip.
I wonder what the purpose of such a rushed trip is, perhaps to demonstrate the capabilities of the pilot or the plane or simply a hunt for a

Some of us just like flying because we can!

EGTK Oxford

@loco

We are so lucky you took the time to share such a flying adventure (and accepted to do it :-)
This is an incredible testimony.. and a wonderful gift you make to the community, inspiring our dreams.. and fantasy…. for a long time.

Thanks again, and – please – share your next trip !

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 12 Dec 19:17

@Peter
Frankly, you could pin it up for a while..
I nearly missed it ! Others may have too !!

Very cool write up! Thanks for sharing, really inspirational.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

you could pin it up for a while.

Yes, but unfortunately it can’t be made into a banner on the home page because the first post contains a large image (images actually)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Holy shit, what a fabulous trip! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Sign in to add your message