Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Expo Friedrichshafen EDNY 18-21 April 2018

Look in Hagnau. It’s a village about 0.5hr away, on the bus line so very easy for transport. Scenic too, on the lake shore, more or less. And there are restaurants by the lake.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, you have to file a fileplan. No other paperwork is required.

@jvdo Thanks! I have a few more questions:

Is this the document that should be submitted? Should it be submitted to the departure airport? I’m not sure if there’s another document to use for longer flights or when crossing borders (even though it’s within the Schengen space).

Should I have paper maps to fly over France, Italy, Switzerland? SkyDemon has served me well over the past year so I’m hoping to use it for this trip. I have it on the iPad and iPhone.

Last Edited by james16 at 03 Apr 07:50
LFMD

You submit a VFR flight plan as normal. SD should have a built-in facility for doing that, for whatever route you have drawn in it. SD uses EuroFPL.eu for flight plan filing; you can also use them directly if you want to do it yourself separately.

There is no legal requirement to carry paper charts, in Europe. Obviously you need a backup in case the Ipad packs up, etc.

Administrator

You can file this document that you have uploaded though skydemon.

It is the function called “File flightplan”.

ESME, ESMS

Great. Thanks a lot Peter/Dimme.

LFMD

Predictably, 9am local, the website almost crashes… response times measured in minutes.

It looks like no departure slot is needed for departing on the 22nd April.

Also there is no evident way to pay via the website. It just says I have a slot booked but not confirmed. Bizzare!

So I went back and booked the same slot again…

You have to book a slot and (if departing 22nd) select “depart after fair (without slot)”. Then it takes you to the Paypal payment page.

Half an hour later, success

Administrator

Similar experience for me – 45 minutes fighting with the web site, several process crashes and returns to the main page, slots being shown as taken and then free again. But also successful at the end (except that I still don’t have the confirmation email):

Peter, no slots needed after the Aero or for VFR departures, as taken from the info page:

In case you have selected an arrival slot in step 1, you will be asked to confirm how you plan to depart:
VFR Departure (no slot required)
Departure after the end of the fair (no slot required)
IFR Departure (a slot is required) – you will be asked to select an available departure slot and you will also be asked to provide slot details as per step 2.

Last Edited by Vladimir at 07 Apr 07:50
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Vladimir wrote:

except that I still don’t have the confirmation email

Same here, confirmation on the website, but no email confirmation as of yet.

Arriving Friday, 11:00-11:20 local.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Mine came through about 1hr after I finished the payment.

I recommend filing any IFR flight plan as early as possible, since this reduces the risk of a CTOT.

I will also use EuroFPL to file the flight plan, so I can hack the ETA to hit the middle of the slot

Administrator

Anyone there on Wednesday?

EDHS, Germany
Sign in to add your message