Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip writeups for EuroGA Articles

I have mentioned this before a few times: if you have done some nice trips this summer and can write them up with some nice photos, please send them to me and we can put them up under Articles.

They need to be supplied in a simple linear form, like those already on there i.e. text - image - text - image etc. No fancy HTML with style sheets, frames etc.

I can easily resize images (they need to be about 900 pixels wide).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If anyone has a good trip they have (or haven’t) written up, this is just a reminder that we would be very happy to put it up under Articles.

The best structure is the simplest one – a single long linear page where the pics are within the text. The pics should be 900-925 pixels wide (no real height limit). No frames or any other fancy HTML. No font names. Use bold, italic or underlined text as per normal HTML. No style sheets

We can then import it quite easily.

When I do my writeups, I try to make it easy because I tend to do quite a few of them. I start with the wx data (which was saved before departure; a very quick process) and the photos. I then go through the photos and remove any “personal” ones or other ones which I don’t want to publish. Most people don’t want their photos published, especially not with their name underneath the photo (google makes use of such associations!) so if you are publishing photos of your colleagues, get them to agree first. Then I select a few “main” pics which will be in the writeup itself. In my earlier writeups, all the pics were in the main writeup, but later on I used a smaller number and separately dumped the whole lot into a picture gallery (which is easy to generate using various tools e.g. the free one in any old version of Photoshop, or Juicebox). Otherwise, if you send me your pics (ideally 1000-4999 pixels size) I can generate a gallery from them for you – example – in seconds and send it back to you.

The pics then drive the writeup words. This is a big help because most people, including myself, could not write anything of any length on their own One just doesn’t know where to start. You just choose relevant pics and comment on each one.

Then throw in some wx data, if relevant.

Done

Administrator

Thanks for this and the treasure trove of amazing articles! I was fascinated to read the story of the ferry trip from SA to London, having just spent three weeks in SA and day-dreaming about how a GA trip might look. I imagine the route would be straighter now, 20 years on? Or maybe not…?!

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

Feel free to archive this

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Does this count as a writeup?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Definitely, yes, very many thanks, and sorry for the late reply as I was on holiday and saved some tasks for when I get back

Administrator

@Peter , I have three posts that may qualify as articles. Unfortunately the first one is outdated as far as Ibiza (LEIB) is concerned.

Balearic
Portugal
Spain

Last Edited by terbang at 15 Feb 00:25
EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

That’s brilliant – many thanks. We will put all these up shortly. I am waiting for one more to be finished

Administrator

David has put up all the articles I had to date – here

Thank you all. Brilliant work and an inspiration to so many pilots.

Administrator

Bumping this thread

There must be quite a lot which I have overlooked…

Administrator
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message