Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Egelsbach EDFE tomorrow

Are jet landing fees into EDDF that bad?

Not really, EDFE is also very expensive for jets... The real problems at EDDF are the airport slots that can be almost impossible to obtain at certain times of the day and the position of the general aviation terminal which is actually closer to Egelsbach than to the main passenger terminal at Frankfurt.

And if they happen to give you the (new) northern runway at EDDF (always, always politely ask for a different runway, sometimes it works!), you have to expect around 20 minutes taxi time to and from the GA terminal...

EDDS - Stuttgart

Your Meridian would cost ca. 1200 € in EDDF.

Ouch!

EGTK Oxford

For fun I decided to ask. Actually only about €590 plus €100 per day for parking. While I am not doing it, it is actually not that bad given they clearly would prefer you not to come. Obviously Heathrow SET not allowed and Gatwick would be much more.

EGTK Oxford

There was a discussion on a German forum the other day and it was much more than that, apparently there are some other fees that come on top. It also started with the pilot asking and then deciding to go there only to receive much higher bills than anticipated. Airports are incredibly creative in inventing charges and there are other bodies such as ATC that sends out their own invoices.

On top of the 590 € landing fee, you have I think 180 € handling fee, then ca. 60 € ATC fee and on top of that 19% VAT. That with 1 night of parking is already 1100 €.

Of course. Handling about 120+tax.

Anyway if weather bad I am going to into Mannheim not paying that sort of amount.

EGTK Oxford

I looked at Egelsbach a few years ago and I was told about €50...

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For you it would be €31.50+10 for parking.

EGTK Oxford

I will be heading there Sunday to try the restaurant. Nice thread. It does look complicated vfr until you step through a table top run through....

Although i will be able to confirm on monday :)

EDHS, Germany

@Italianjon: Don't try the restaurant on a sunday. They have a brunch arrangement on sundays and you can't eat à la carte.

@Jason: Please note that Mannheim has some weird PPR rules for IFR ops. basically, they ask you to send a disclaimer (via fax only) before setting off. See the AIP. I don't exactly know how things are handled if you fly there on a diversion.

At EDFE, not only do you need to fly the reporting points accurately, bur also the circuit. EXACTLY as depicted. For example, never overshoot the autobahn on your base turn to runway 27. Germans are often reported to the authorities for even very minor deviations (Egelsbach is known for this). I guess they are a tad more tolerant with foreign visitors.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Sorry, base turn to runway 09 of course.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message