Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Egelsbach EDFE tomorrow

I don't exactly know how things are handled if you fly there on a diversion.

Most likely you'll have to sign their standard disclaimer form before departure (the form is mostly about your climb performance being sufficient to cross the road at the end of the runway above the minimum crossing height)

LSZK, Switzerland

Sorry, base turn to runway 09 of course.

Thanks for clarifying, you had me worried as I didn't have an autobahn on the other end!

EGTK Oxford

(the form is mostly about your climb performance being sufficient to cross the road at the end of the runway above the minimum crossing height)

If needed, I should be able to make the crossing height.

EGTK Oxford

@boscomantico... my reason for going is to meet some people. Is the restaurant a definite one to avoid on a Sunday? If so d you have any rrecommendations of something nearby? My friends are driving so we will be able to jump into a car.

EDHS, Germany

You can go there no problem, and it certainly isn't bad. I just wanted To say that 1. You will have to reserve 2. It is expensive and 3. You cannot order à la carte. Give them a call for details.

As an alternative, you have this , just outside the airport entrance.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Ah great. Thanks. The link looks good. I will propose it to my friends.

EDHS, Germany

Sitting here in restaurant now. Stayed IFR until Kilo. Very nice spot.

EGTK Oxford

How was approach in? Anything to be aware of? Looking at long range forecast it will probably be westerly approach on sunday, so think i will arrive via kilo as well

EDHS, Germany

@JasonC

don't see you in the rstaurant but I see your plane on the webcam ...

EDxx, Germany

Ha yes, there it is!

The approach was fine. I was given RID then Kilo and stayed with them until approaching kilo when I went over to the Info frequency. As stated, I was a bit tight and they got agitated over housing areas so try to fly the circuit they show you on the plate. Busy little airport and helpful controllers, nice food at the restaurant.

I set up the visual waypoints in my system in advance so I had some guidance.

The earlier part if the trip was interesting. IMC to FL270 which cleared in Belgium. Very strong winds - 100kts at FL270. Fortunately from the SSW. Saw 348kts GS at one point.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message