Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Creating a basic airport database (merged)

Got it, I personally think that would be a great tool to plan for useful flights and not only for burger-runs.
For flying I nearly choose “randomly” destinations based on distance and discovering a new airport. Having a better reason would for sure help to motivate my partner to get there

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Thanks jfw – any volunteers to enter one or two more “aviation experiences” so that we can see how it would look like? There is a simple form at https://accret.io/shareExperience to do so

Tried to add Constanz, but the keyboard on my androd tableg covered the add item box sorry.

Constanz is great for Friedrickhaven, nice lake ferry trip over to the show and a nice lakeside town for drinks etc.

I’m going to document my own flights on accret.io (I added a trip to La Seu I did on Friday, https://accret.io/experience/wrExfGEBWkyKiktpYo3H) and iterate around the “documentary” aspect of the website (adding photos, comments, etc). Everyone is free to contribute (the website is open-source and I can add a link to download a raw dump of the db if it helps regarding the licensing of the contents).

However, the primary goal is to generate more spontaneous trips.

What about we register our home base and our rough schedule (and later, flying preferences, etc) and let the platform try matching pilots around a destination, using the weather forecast, the database of experiences and a little bit of magic?

Eg: I register as being in Muret and being generally available on Mondays, someone else registers in Tarbes as being also generally available on Mondays; La Seu is forecasted to be clear next Monday, the platform sends both of us a short intro email suggesting we could have lunch in La Seu.

Any thoughts? I just put the simplest form possible online at https://accret.io/tripSuggester – who wants to give it a try?

I have started a similar project 1 year ago at www.pilotsfly2.com

The idea is to have a worldwide map with preferably GA airports with attractions located at the airport or close to the airport. Users shall contribute by sharing & uploading their experience from the airports (attractions, restaurant, sport/activity, hotel, etc) . This would create a self sustaining database, but the difference to eg you-fly com is going to be an interactive map displaying all airports with rating so that users will see attractive airports immediately. There is plenty of different platforms dealing with landing fees, fuel etc. I don’t want to focus on this as this is pretty difficult to maintain but a sole ’attraction/food/things to do/1day trip/ focus is all we need to keep it simple and task oriented.

If there would be enough willing and potential to support this platform via crowd funding, then this could bring small aviation back to live again..Especially x-country pilots and newcomers would benefit.

Slovakia

I have made this thread a sticky but I suspect that at this time of the year almost nobody is flying…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Then maybe people have time to writeup adventures then :)

I started to translate the app. Right now it only has english & french (and only for the menu/labels, I haven’t hooked google translate yet to translate the write ups). There is a simple interface to add more translations, so if someone wants to add his language, please get in touch!

I may have a trial upcoming with a local flying club who would like to incentivize its member to take trips. Just talked to them today and we are going to do a mailing tomorrow.

So, I added full translations to accretio, including content, as well as the ability to upload pictures (eg. https://accret.io/experience/wrExfGEBWkyKiktpYo3H)

I’m going to start experimenting with the local flying club; the goal is to figure out how to incentivize people to take trips. One recent idea would be to create a “strava-like” feature that would turn any flight into a rallye (eg; are you able to snap a pic of the ruin of a given castle). We would need to proceed with caution as we don’t want to encourage risk taking though.

Last Edited by wleferrand at 18 Feb 17:41

I am trying to put an adventure but it asks me for a tag ? What do I have to write as a tag ? Everything I try is rejected.
Thx

LFOU, France

Anything works – like “lunch”, etc. You need to hit “enter” to validate the tag. Are you using a computer or a tablet/telephone?

Sign in to add your message