Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Creating a basic airport database (merged)

Thanks by the way, it is wonderful to start seeing external contributions (such as https://accret.io/experience/N9ZQ1mEBWkyKiktp5Ulu – in French though, I’ll translate it later today). I’ve also started a trial with the local flight club and I got 10 pilots right away, I’m going to schedule trips for them, the weather is just starting to get nicer.

And for the first time a group of pilots picked up an experience from the website and “re-lived” it – the visit of the Ratz Brewery, a few hundred yards from the Cahors airport.

I’d like to create a database of airport information of those places that make sense as friendly and worthwhile destinations for private GA flying and to collect the valuable input given here using a simple google spreadsheet (is CSV applicable for further data manipulation?).

Maybe at some point this could be included in the EuroGA website (basic info available publicly, advanced “secrets” available to registered users)?

Which info would you collect?

ICAO CODE, NAME, COUNTRY, CITY, COORDINATES, RUNWAY SURFACE, RUNWAY LENGTH, IFR, VFR, FUEL, CONTACT, WEBSITE, ACCOMMODATION TIPS, THINGS TO DO, FREE TEXT NICE TO KNOW, etc..

Please share your opinion!
Thank you!

always learning
LO__, Austria

I moved your post to a previous thread on same topic, Snoopy.

I think that despite the various reservations posted earlier, this is worth a fresh look at.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Snoopy wrote:

Which info would you collect?
ICAO CODE, NAME, COUNTRY, CITY, COORDINATES, RUNWAY SURFACE, RUNWAY LENGTH, IFR, VFR, FUEL, CONTACT, WEBSITE, ACCOMMODATION TIPS, THINGS TO DO, FREE TEXT NICE TO KNOW, etc..

Immigration & customs availability (working hours / on request), PPR, PNR, (public) transport to nearest cities or scenic locations.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It’s been decided to have a proper look at creating an airport database

To provide good access while preventing spammers etc – the constant risk nowadays – the write access will be linked to the EuroGA login. It will also be moderated like EuroGA; I am not expecting any trouble with an airport database but you can never tell…

It will be fully integrated in EuroGA.

Any suggestions for desirable features are much appreciated

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Any suggestions for desirable features are much appreciated

Ground transport options

A feature idea for me would be to have an information when things were checked last time. So e.g. “Customs available: yes” should say something like confirmed on 27th of July 2018 and maybe also the source (AIP, list from custom authority, own experience). Because there are so many collections of data in the web where you neither know the source, nor when it was sourced and those are more or less useless when you rely on that information.

P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS

Yes; definitely there needs to be a “date stamp” on the info.

Please keep coming any input of the sort of information fields you would like to see.

Administrator

Perhaps a star-rating for the destination itself – ie. the town and surrounding area (not the airfield café ) to know if it’s worth or a proper visit or just a fuel stop?

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message