Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Paris GA airports

LFPN is really great and hassle-free airport. I got 25R on arrival flying at 4000 ft overhead Paris and 07L on departure at 3000 ft – both times the view was awesome. Taxify/Bolt was under 40€ to the center of Paris which is small increase comparing to last time when Uber was 25€. Refueling at arrival was fast and efficient – I guess it lasted less than 15 minutes. Jet A1 is 1.59€ which is a bit more than on other French airports I visited recently but surely cheaper than in Germany or Spain. I was in my hotel in less than hour from landing. Similarly, today I was in the air an hour after leaving the hotel.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Great. Why didn’t you use Uber this time?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

More expensive :) 42€

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Same I just paid 40€ for an Uber today, unlike you my VFR arrival to LFPN was less glorious at 1000ft agl but from that height I was able to spot Eiffel/La Defense towers but not the airfield ;)

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 Apr 15:36
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I found this article (in french).
https://www.anciens-aerodromes.com/?p=100474
It seems like in the late 60s, French gov planned to established a network of aiports around paris, serving all aviation needs : CAT, BA, touring GA, leisure GA etc… The amount of expected traffic was huge.
Chavenay LFPX then Toussus LFPN were chosen for touring GA but pretty much all the plan was dropped when the neighbors started complaining about noise. As you can see on the pictures, these areas were far less built up as now.
Toussus was planned to have 1700m runways. But ended up with the 1100m ones it still has.

All this to say our wildest dreams were once taken into account by the french government, but were not implemented. And the expected traffic didn’t show up.

LFOU, France

We are talking about the 60’s, good luck with similar planning these days, unless it is a Tramway or houses it’s not going anywhere

Any news on customs at LFPN? the new terminal looked renovated and I recall they were around one single day mid-January 2020 but no trace or news about this these days…

From social media, I guess having your mayor getting the CPL is a good start to keep the airport alive (she had PPL+ATPL exams while ago)

Any recommendation for Paris for SR22 these days? Preferably east site. Was considering LFPL but the runway migt not be a good fit for mtow take-off. IFR not mandatory

LKKU, LKTB

Lognes LFPL is ideal and worth a look, 30min taxi or 25min walk to train, many SR22s and twins are operated there and they fly at MTOW but probably not ideal for hot midday takeoff with full fuel and no winds, it’s VFR but you can fly IFR to LeBourget & Melun then quick VFR leg

Le Plessis Belleville (LFPP), short runway but also clear of obstructions, it’s the Cirrus dealer homebase ;)

There is Melun taxi (1h) or taxi & train (1h), Nangis is similar but you will be pushing too far…

Last Edited by Ibra at 25 Jul 21:16
69 Posts
Sign in to add your message