Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shoreham EGKA news 2018 / 2019 (and flying IAPs no longer published / they are back now)

They are back in the new Jepp cycle for the KLN94

and interestingly the KLN94 database now contains holding patterns, which (for most cases) it did not show previously. Amazingly somebody is putting in the effort after all these years.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Maybe the waypoints were always there?

Not sure about the waypoints but the approaches were definitely gone

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

Are the instrument approaches all back up and running?

I can’t see any of the plates on the NATS website

They are back in the state of the art KLN94

Administrator

Hi Bathman, try Eurocontrol EAD web site – NATS links appear to be expired.

https://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/cms-eadbasic/opencms/en/login/ead-basic/

Number of search results: 7
Effective Date Document Name eAIP AIRAC Document Heading
2019-11-07 EG_AD_2_EGKA_en.pdf eAIP AD 2.EGKA
2019-02-28 EG_AD_2_EGKA_2-1_en.pdf NON-AIRAC AD 2.EGKA 2 AERODROME CHART – ICAO
2019-02-28 EG_AD_2_EGKA_4-1_en.pdf NON-AIRAC AD 2.EGKA 4 HELICOPTER ROUTES AND CIRCUIT PATTERNS
2019-11-07 EG_AD_2_EGKA_8-1_en.pdf NON-AIRAC AD 2.EGKA 8 INSTRUMENT APPROACH CHART RNAV (GNSS) RWY 02 (CAT A,B) – ICAO
2019-11-07 EG_AD_2_EGKA_8-2_en.pdf NON-AIRAC AD 2.EGKA 8 INSTRUMENT APPROACH CHART RNAV (GNSS) RWY 20 (CAT A,B) – ICAO
2019-11-07 EG_AD_2_EGKA_8-3_en.pdf NON-AIRAC AD 2.EGKA 8 INSTRUMENT APPROACH PROCEDURE CODING TABLES RNAV (GNSS) RWY 02
2019-11-07 EG_AD_2_EGKA_8-4_en.pdf NON-AIRAC AD 2.EGKA 8 INSTRUMENT APPROACH PROCEDURE CODING TABLES RNAV (GNSS) RWY 20

EGTR

And are the NDB procedures still available?

Last Edited by Bathman at 17 Nov 10:34

Bathman wrote:

And are the NDB procedures still available?

No.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Thats handy then the CPL/IR school based there will be tested on the GNSS approach as the 2D approach and the 3D approach can be an ILS elsewhere. That will get the pass rate up.

And everyone laughs at me when I refuse to upgrade from a Garmin 430.

Shoreham EGKA IAPs dug out from deep inside the horrible Eurocontrol EAD site, where the URLs expire every 28 days to make sure any links posted go dead

02_pdf
20_pdf

Curious they dropped the NDB procedures given that both above GPS procedures require an ADF also.

This means that pilots can fly these approaches only if they have an approach approved GPS installation. Not everyone has, and most of those who don’t are not aware of it. I fixed mine with some considerable hassle. Those who don’t have this approval, which is aircraft specific (via the AFMS), have to fly the NDB (or whatever navaid) approaches but using GPS unofficially, which is 100% legal because there is no regulation stating how to navigate. You merely have to carry the required equipment (ADF, DME, etc). The majority, possibly the vast majority, of the original GNS installations don’t have the AFMS, not least because nobody knew about it. There is no enforcement of this, however

Administrator

The IAPs are back in Jepp apps now

Administrator
90 Posts
Sign in to add your message