Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shoreham EGKA news 2018 / 2019 (and flying IAPs no longer published / they are back now)

Moreover, how would you do an overhead join (at 2000 feet AGL as per the standard) in an OVC005 situation? And that is when you would do such instrument approach. No, nobody is going to ask you to do am OHJ if the weather is pants.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Rather than obstruct other airports, what Biggin Hill really needs is an approach at the other end to the ILS.

The last time I went there we were delayed for RVR, but the people I was meeting, who were flying a bigger aircraft, were further delayed because the tailwind component was out of limits for them.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Which will probably be a GPS approach and like the others is in some log jam at the CAA.

I think almost anything can be done if you throw enough money at some consultant who knows how to draw up the safety case (assessing which is what the CAA is about mostly these days) and knows how to push it through.

If Shoreham got LPV that would be pretty significant. Even I would consider spending the ~30k then.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

6 movements an hour is a sure path to bancruptcy if this can’t be sorted out really quick.

It is a real shame that an airfield like Shoreham, which is the only realistically usable in the whole area around Brighton, should decline into such a horrible situation. I fear that if that stand off goes on, sooner or later they will loose their license and then the airfield will be built over before the last plane leaves the hangar. Which would leave a noticable hole in the GA coverage of the whole area there.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

This is nonsense!
Any ideas how we can help?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

The IFR approaches into Shoreham seem to have vanished. Did someone wear them out?

EGKB Biggin Hill

I saw that… I have paper plates if you want them.

I flew the RNAV last week. We still have one approach controller and another has started so I understand…

Hopefully just a blip I know the management at Shoreham are committed to keeping an approach service going.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Someone may have more up to date local knowledge, but I gather ATC have been short staffed there. And in the absence of ATC, IFR approaches are banned there – a regulatory requirement.

Latest AIP update doesn’t have the plates anymore: http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=134&Itemid=183.html

I don’t know what has happened to CAP1122 these days…

Last Edited by James_Chan at 22 Jun 14:39
Sign in to add your message