Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Kastelorizo LGKJ

I had some issues uploading. All good now…

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Speaking of the Corinth Canal, this video is worth watching (I am not the pilot )

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The airport charges were

LIRJ €93 (3 nights) avgas €3.18
LDSB €51 (1 night) avgas €2.00
LGST €82 (1 night) avgas €3.17 via AIR BP
LGKP €65 (2 nights)
LGKJ €55 (3 nights)
LGIO €50 (fuel stop only) avgas €3.10 via AIR BP
LDSB €63 (1 night) avgas €2.00
LFGA €10 avgas €2.12 via AIR BP
EGKA £30 avgas £1.98

Administrator
@Peter do you draw back VAT ? because AVGAS in Greece (incl. 24% VAT) is 3.1 Euro/Lt (and was 2.99~3 when you flew by).
LGMG Megara, Greece

No, I can’t get VAT back.

The pricing was inclusive of VAT, taken from the AIR BP invoice totals.

Well, the AIR BP invoices are extremely difficult to decipher, partly due to them repeating the same items under different headings. They billed me twice for LGIO and I didn’t notice, until they sent in a credit note.

EDIT: you are right. They have the duty and they have the VAT. I have corrected the above prices.

Administrator

Looks like you all had a great time. Thanks Peter and Chris for the inspirational pics!

UK, United Kingdom

Does anyone of you think it is feasible or a sensible idea to use fuel bladders (I have two of them, 30l each) to get Mogas at some car service station near airports which have no Avgas? Obviously I would need a taxi, rental car or someone very courteous. What is your guess about the airport authorities reaction if you appear hauling 60l inflammables through the (security) fence? For my plane, that would be enough for 400-500 MN. Alternatively, I could fill plane and bladders somewhere in Croatia or at LGIO and use them on the way back. Comments?

Bremen (EDWQ), Germany

a_kraut wrote:

Comments?

www.aopa.gr/Info paragraph 22, see bottom paragraph on MOGAS (which applies for all grades of fuel).

LGMG Megara, Greece

In short: feasible at ZZZZ-airports, not realistic at public airports?

Bremen (EDWQ), Germany

Yes and public airports practically only if you know a local based pilot/aeroclub or whoever that could arrange it.

LGMG Megara, Greece
Sign in to add your message