Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying to Kastelorizo LGKJ

Post moved to existing thread on LGKJ.

Most of the information is here.

For costs, perhaps @petakas has some info?

I recall that the slots cost €50 to book, and another €50 etc if you change the time.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@stodge one report on LGIO is here. Under €100; in line with previous reports I recall.

Administrator

Thanks!
Am attempting to contact Ioannina early this week to get an accurate cost for staying a night for two in late Sept. Happy to report back.

United Kingdom

LGKJ managed to park 11 planes in 2006:

plus 3 more on a taxiway

Pic from Petakas

Administrator

Where did the commercial airplanes disembark passengers?

ESME, ESMS

If anybody’s interested after about six attempts (including by fax) I finally got the following from Skyserv at Ioannina (LGIO) where I’m planning to enter and exit Greece on my way to Sitia and Kastellorizo. In one earlier response they had said I needed to get landing and parking permission from HCAA, and also that I would need to contact the refueller myself but when I questioned what they were actually getting for their 49.60 euro this was the answer. At least they (say they) will sort out those permissions plus customs and fuel. Cross fingers!

Now getting on with Kythira, Sitia, Karpathos and Kastellorizo. Will report back.

We confirm you Ground Handling service at LGIO Airport for your flight.
__
Services included in the basic General Aviation handling are: Marshaling, Positioning and removing wheel chocks and safety cones, Aircraft loading/unloading if needed, Passenger and Crew transportation within apron, Luggage transportation to/from the terminal(s) building, Arrange fueling if you request it Avgas or JETA1, Clearance through immigration and customs.
· All the above handling charges special for AOPA members are 49,60 (VAT included). The rate is referring to Cash payments. If Credit Card will be used then a surcharge of 2% will be added to the total amount.
· The landing and parking fees for Civil Aviation Authority for your registration G-MICI with MTOW 1409 kgs. are 1.63 euro per day
· Departing Passengers Embarkation Taxes:
12 Euros per person and 0.30 euros – Destination within European Union /European Economic Community
Please advise your schedule operating to LGIO and we will get permission from Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority. Date of arrival and departure and times.
Note: A surcharge of 100% will be charged when you operates at the same date flight (SDF) without a minimum 24hrs prior notice handling request.
__
Furthermore we wait to fill the attached form in order to proceed your operation
__
At your disposal

United Kingdom

The 2% credit card surcharge is illegal.

https://tinyurl.com/y9zxnpua

ESME, ESMS

I have just flown LDSB-LGST and tomorrow we are flying to Karpathos LGKP, 2 nights there, then 3 nights at Kastelorizo LGKJ, then LGKJ-LGIO-LDSB on one day.

The LGST-LGKP-LGKJ are flown VFR to avoid any slots etc.

Super weather here, and I will end up with at least 500GB of raw HD video to edit

There will be at least two aircraft doing this: me and Chris Parker in his Bonanza. No other known ones from N Europe but maybe we will see some of our Greek friends?

Administrator

Fantastic – enjoy!

I’ll be coming a similar-ish way in a couple of weeks from Denham via Croatia, Ioannina etc… Flying to Kithira for a few days but we might possibly push on to Kastelorizo via Sitia/Karpathos if we can get the airport timings right!

Very interested to know how it all goes… and also whether the rumours I’ve heard of a very loud bar on Kastelorizo disturbing the peace of that beautiful port until the early hours are actually true!

Which hotel are you staying at there? Mediterraneo?

United Kingdom

Stodge wrote:

Mediterraneo?

Have you seen the “Mediterraneo” movie ?!
It was shot in 1990~1991 in Kastelorizo.
The football scenes are from the then just constructed runway strip beside the dug out mountain.

LGMG Megara, Greece
Sign in to add your message