Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ideas for September 2018 fly-in

From here

For September, what about Brac or Potoroz? I was in Brac last September and the weather was still very warm.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

We did those two in 2016 and 2015, respectively. They are indeed great, as is Mali Losinj (2014), but I wondered if people want to go somewhere new.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@eddsPeter went to Tivat (LYVT) in Montenegro recently. That looked very pretty. No Avgas, but lots around that part of the world.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

What about Sardinia ?
LFHNflightstudent went to Alghero LIEA and it was friendly.
Oristano LIER seems a nice GA field with fuel.

LFOU, France

Sardinia is generally a beautiful island. Have only been there via CAT yet.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Oristano is interesting. I flew to Caglieri in 2010 and drove to Oristano (with another pilot who was having some Jetprop training there with the famous John Mariani) which had no immigration and, at the time, no avgas, or at least no avgas for non Italian speakers Then it was going to close, but a few years later it was still there. Plus, I heard that immigration can be arranged at Oristano, as well as many Italian airports, in a manner similar to many airports in Germany. Some interesting reading here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sardinia and Corsica are both nice and scenic and still very warm in September.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I flew to Olbia last year. Good airport service, with Rock Star handling for no much money. No Avgas. a private jet apron bigger than Heathrows T5 The town itself is a port town really and not an ideal place to stay for more than a night.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

I was to Olbia two-three years ago. Handling was superb but I remember a bit higher pricing than e.g. airports on Sicily or Corsica. We were accommodated in Olbia but we rented a car and drove around. For a fly-in we should pick a spot where rental car is not necessarily needed and if we choose some seaside place, let it have nice beaches at walking distance

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

For a fly-in we should pick a spot where rental car is not necessarily needed and if we choose some seaside place, let it have nice beaches at walking distance

Beaches in walking distance is a criterion met by many of the East Frisian Islands, but the weather is unreliable. It could be anywhere between a warm summer day with 25° C or an early autumn storm and 10°C in September

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message