Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ideas for September 2018 fly-in

Can we please have a recent PIREP on the ground conditions at Venice (Lido / San Nicolo LIPV)? Specifically for larger aircraft; TB20, SR22, DA42, etc.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Can we please have a recent PIREP on the ground conditions at Venice (Lido / San Nicolo LIPV)? Specifically for larger aircraft; TB20, SR22, DA42, etc.

Hi Peter,

I landed in Lido 2 weeks ago with a PA24.
Airstrip is in very good condition. Grass was well cut and no holes.
It was on a Sunday and lot of private airplane (M20, C182, SR22, TB20 and PA34).
It was my first time there, highly scenic I would recommend

Last Edited by Romain at 08 May 10:11
LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Has anyone had any thoughts on Mallorca/LESB? Nice as well, although quite far from Sweden. Croatia is always beautiful and a good option :)

Mallorca has two airports: one has customs and no avgas, and the other has avgas and no customs and is expensive enough to put most people off.

We did Menorca last October and that was good, but it took some organising to get the handling costs down.

Administrator

I was aiming to land at LESB in April but was late (they close early) so I decided to go to LEPA. 500 EUR for landing, overnight parking and handling… a personal record I could have lived without. On the other hand LFMU (as a fuel stop) was a highlight with a landing fee of 8:40 EUR and a quick turn around.

EDTD (ESGJ), Germany

It is going to be Elba.

Administrator
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message