Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

RNLAF Leeuwarden (EHLW)

At the end of May I will be on a technical tour of this airfield as part of a conference at Delft. I am hoping to fly to the conference (using Rotterdam, EHRD, for Delft) so am trying to fly into EHLW. The Dutch AIP gives an email contact at the ministry of defence for bookings but that has not responded after more than a week. I will try the conference organiser but they are conference people not aviators so I am not hopeful.

So, does anyone have please, any direct contact for EHLW that might work?

strip near EGGW

Have you seen the contact details in the Dutch Military AIP? See below:

Good luck!

Ah, those are different email addresses from the one in the civilian AIP so I will try these, thank you very much.

strip near EGGW

Let us know if you get any results. I have a friend in Harlingen I would like to visit and EHLW is the closest. I had no idea whether it would be possible to land there though in the same way that you can at a lot of RAF bases.

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

Just received an absolutely solid no from the head of operations at the station.

strip near EGGW

I am now investigating whether it is practical to fly to Drachten EHDR and get a taxi.

strip near EGGW

Leeuwarden is a military airfield. They have gliders operating from the airport in the weekend and I remember that on some rare occasions, competitors in an air competition are allowed to land there. Other than that, no private flights are allowed. I landed there once due to a real engine failure in flight and used the airport for an emergency landing. After the engine was replaced at the airforce base, I was allowed to fly out of Leeuwarden and it was a unique event (for spotters) as this would normally never happen. I

EDLE, Netherlands
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message