Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flims (Mollis) LSMF

No, they weren’t typos. I used map.search.ch because it is the most referenced Swiss web site for routing and and I just trust its results more than Google Maps. Take your pick. But you are correct map.search.ch times are based on the current highway conditions (construction, weather) and traffic at time of query, for both routes.

LSZK, Switzerland

But St Gallen is a much more reliable destination, IFR on the lake compared to VFR in the mountains?

I would also guess that car rental will be easier at St Gallen. I’ve done that before (to my cost, as I was going to Bregenz, and the first person to mention that I wasn’t allowed to take the hire car into Austria was the border guard :-(

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

But St Gallen is a much more reliable destination, IFR on the lake compared to VFR in the mountains?

Yes. St. Gallen is a very easy place to fly to expect in some wind situations, but it is fully IFR. They do have car rental at the terminal.

Samedan is purely VFR and VERY expensive too. They also can arrange car rental I believe.

For a trip planned ahead of time, Altenrhein/St.Gallen would be my clear favorite. Driving from there to Flims is about one hour and 20 minutes or so, but most of it is motorway through a rather scenic area. If you want you can make a stop in Liechtenstein even or in Heidiland (the area where the Heidi novel is set is just off the motorway about half ways).

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Another advantage to St Gallen is that if it is fogged in (which does happen), Friedrichshafen as an alternate is just across the lake with, surprisingly, often better wx. A slightly (30’) longer drive in that case and a border crossing, but that is not really a hindrance.

LSZK, Switzerland

Hello,
contact this guys, we have frequently flights to from Biggin so it is not impossible. About pricing i have no idea.

http://www.linthairservice.com/Activities/support.htm

Regards

15 Posts
Sign in to add your message