Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Elba LIRJ fly-in 8/9 September 2018

Hope to come depending on aircraft serviceability

EGCJ, United Kingdom

I’m coming and will book accommodation in Marina di Campo, probably the same hotel I booked two weeks ago.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I am also interested

Villa Nettuno, Marina di Campo – but sold out by now. I reserved when the idea materialized.

Marina di Campo is close and the best beach area imho.

Just steer clear of Il Magnifico Elba Resort (not in Marina d C), a horrible resort with some great fake reviews fed in between the real ones. Been there for 3 days…

Last Edited by ch.ess at 24 Jun 20:10
EDM_, Germany

I was in Elba this last weekend.

I have spoken with the airport manager and have advised of your arrival. They are more than happy to welcome you.

Nearer the date Peter or I can send in a list of participating aircraft indicating type, registration, PIC and pob on board. This way the waiting time for paperwork will be reduced. Also I have asked for a discount on handling fees being a group arrival (could be 20%).

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Peter wrote:

Obviously we can all stay in different places but it is nice to be fairly “local

If you decide for Marina di Campo all hotels (except a couple) are very close to each other.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

We are lokking forward to come across, 3 persons, one dog.
Hopefully the weather for crossing the alps will be fine. I have to be back in time because of a business meeting.

EDDS , Germany

Flew there last week. Great destination and wonderfully helpful staff. For the relatively inexperienced, like myself, the published departure route for RWY 34 which was active on both legs (available in SD for a supplement) looks a little daunting, but don’t be put off – it’s much worse on paper than in reality.

Parked on grass – or rather, dirt, but all good.

A great overseas GA destination to tick off one’s list.

It was hot though. First time I’ve resorted to opening the door whilst waiting to taxi!

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

We stayed in Hotel Select, Marina Di Campo last May. Very decent hotel. (Was there with Ambiorix) See his previous post. Hotel is right on the beach, and walking distance from some good restaurants.

Last Edited by Mooneyfan at 05 Jul 07:41
Sign in to add your message