Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Elba LIRJ fly-in 8/9 September 2018

JasonC wrote:

C210_Flyer wrote:
Looking at those fuel prices makes my blood boil when Avgas is 3x what govt sponsored jet jocks have to pay.
I think you will find it is mostly 33% cheaper with tax and you are govt penalised rather than jet pilots being subsidised…..

I GUESS ITS LOOKing at the glass with water inside; half-full/half-empty. Why should Avgas be penalized when its such a small portion of usage compared to Jet A?

KHTO, LHTL

Here’s the video, Shoreham to Elba, missing from the trip writeup. Just a short one

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Writeup all done, except the videos which will take a few days

Administrator

A quick update with LIRJ costs (TB20, 1400kg):

Landing €3
Takeoff €3
Parking 3 nights €42
AOPA 20% discount -€13.60

Avgas was €2.61 (208 litres)

All plus 22% VAT.

Administrator

Sounds like a lot of fun! I am sorry to have missed it. perhaps next time, but Elba is definitely high on our to do list.
Note to self: schedule airplane wash after flight to Elba

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Approach to 16

Parking on hard apron

Capoliveri

Procchia

Last Edited by Mark_B at 26 Sep 12:24
EGCJ, United Kingdom

Sorry we didn’t meet the group, but we did make it to Elba (arrived Monday after a couple of days in Bastia) and spent a pleasant four days on the island. Everyone was very pleasant and hospitable, and we will definitely visit elba again. We bought our fuel in Bastia, however, only 20 minutes away and over a Euro per litre less expensive.

EGCJ, United Kingdom

I would think that’s the motor, the battery is on the back.

Norman
United Kingdom

There must be a battery somewhere… presumably the bit in the middle of the front wheel is a motor?

Administrator

Taken in Elba:

Norman
United Kingdom
179 Posts
Sign in to add your message