Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Merida (Badajoz LEBZ), Spain, 2018

I wonder if anyone is interested in doing a little fly-in there. I was going to fly down there last year.

This post by a local pilot is also relevant.

It might be really hot in the summer though…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m always interested in Spain but I’m not sure if summer is the best period for the visit. Flying to Andalucia few years ago in August was great trip but the temperatures were going up to 49 in shadow during the day with some nights not decreasing below 36.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Let’s keep this one in reserve for a fly-in when it gets a bit cooler It looks like a straightforward trip to an interesting place.

Administrator

It is a joint military/civilian airport. I was there once 10 years ago. Zero private flying activity at that time.
Badajoz together with bordering Caceres is in my opinion one of the most beautiful parts of the country: Badajoz, Merida, Trujillo, Alcantara, Zafra, Caceres…all places worth driving to in a rental car from LEBZ.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

This trip is being looked at by a few of us for Oct/Nov 2018.

Administrator

I would be happy to in a trip to Spain in Oct/Nov.

EGBP Kemble, United Kingdom

I got this from the airport:

You have to send us Schedule of your flight, 72 hours in advance, as a deadline.
In your schedule you send us the list all persons of the flight, with information about passport, all personal data.
Please reply to [email protected]

72hrs is almost as good as one Greek airport which wanted 21 days PNR

The context was a flight to/from the UK.

Administrator

I am looking at doing this trip on the weekend of 20th October.

Looks like a place to bring a decent camera

On the way back, a stop is likely to be needed, so I might stop at La Rochelle. That should also sidestep the 72hr PNR for the departure which is a huge PITA for a departure.

I wonder if @coolhand knows anything more recent than this from a year ago. The 72 days PNR seems new (or a local invention); the AIP does not mention it

Administrator

Two aircraft currently going, Friday to Monday for me.

Administrator

Have a great time. I hope the weather will be like here in Mediterranean paradise. We’ve been enjoying two weeks of summer-like weather (but with lower temperatures) and we’ll have one more at least. One can still swim in the sea although the temperature is slowly going down.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
72 Posts
Sign in to add your message