Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Merida (Badajoz LEBZ), Spain, 2018

I’ve done the “72hr PNR” Got back: “OK AUTHORISED”.

When I asked them about the AIP not saying this, the communications stopped

Anyone else interested? I am flying direct EGKA-LEBZ, ETA about 1300 UTC.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Someone told me that the Skydemon database contains an entry about LEBZ accepting cash only. I don’t trust these reports so I asked them; the reply was AIR BP is OK. And presumably cash too.

That’s unless you get the “Pamplona situation” where the pump man did not understand “AIR BP” so demanded cash… until Aart pulled out his AIR BP card and then it became obvious

The fuel pump shuts at 1300 UTC on Friday.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

You have to send us Schedule of your flight, 72 hours in advance, as a deadline.

Is this 72 hours notice just for direct UK flights or also applies to flights within Shengen?

I think it is for non Schengen flights. The context of the emails I have had with them make it fairly clear it is that.

However when I asked that Q directly, and mentioning that the AIP says nothing about any of this, I got no reply…

Another pilot is heading there also via a Schengen stop and he has managed to get the permission today, in less than 72hrs (not enough time as I write this).

And… I will be departing from LEBZ via La Rochelle and didn’t have to give notice for that, apparently.

My contact:

Administrator

Peter wrote:

My contact:
Martinez Calvo

Be aware this contact may not work depending on when he is on duty. It is best to use the generic address unless you know for sure he is on duty (because he responded to your email a short while ago)

A pity I cant make it this weekend…have fun! I suggest you read something about Extremadura (the region) . Some of the most famous Spanish explorers came from this area.

If you have not booked hotels yet, and are interested in an old fashioned Spanish one usually at very special buildings you may want to try this

Paradores

There are at least five at different locations in the area

Antonio
LESB, Spain

BTW wx is not looking so good at LEBZ from Sat afternoon till Sun afternoon, you might want to double check

Antonio
LESB, Spain

We are double checking The forecast keeps changing. Using mainly windy.com – I find this way more accurate nowadays than any gramet.

The address I initially used was

Administrator

Antonio wrote:

BTW wx is not looking so good at LEBZ from Sat afternoon till Sun afternoon

https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/forecast/week/badajoz_spain_2521420

The wx looks ok; latest is slightly improved.

Final decision will be made 0400 UTC tomorrow morning. EOBT is 0600 UTC, to beat LEBZ’s 1300 UTC fuel pump closing time. In Spain, I will definitely not be taking chances on refuelling before departure

Administrator

Peter wrote:

EOBT is 0600 UTC, to beat LEBZ’s 1300 UTC

ETE??

Antonio
LESB, Spain
Sign in to add your message