Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Merida (Badajoz LEBZ), Spain, 2018

I can add few photos as well

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

and if I arrive with say 20 USG only to find the airport shut for an hour, that would be seriously bad

What’s your consumption at max endurance?

About 8 gph.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

What is the amount of fuel you feel comfortable to have on landing?

(From my desk), I’d be fairly comfortable (not taking into account frustration) orbiting above an airport for 1h if I knew I had >2h of fuel (provided weather forecast clear), especially with a couple nearby alternates (of which Goodwood is extremely close).

Perhaps 1hr but somebody could crash and close it.

I wonder what the CAA fine is for just landing?

Administrator

Looks like you landed at La Rochelle airport !

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Yeah, got confused with Shoreham

2hrs to go…

Actually could have reached Shoreham with 10 usg in the tanks. 30kt headwind…

At about €10, La Rochelle is a great fuel stop, so long as you avoid the 2hr siesta in the fuel station.

Back home now. A rather tedious flight due to the headwind.

Administrator

Although it wasn’t too early (9 am) it was quite dark because Spain is in wrong time zone

Having between 6 and 12 kts headwind over Spain and France (to LFMU) wasn’t bad at all comparing to 40+ kts onwards over France and Italy all the way to home.

Riding mountain waves – horizontal flight with same engine load IAS floated between 114 and 154 kts (TAS between 138 and 187 kts).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes you got the fast current, squeezed between the high at top left and the low at the bottom right

I had 20-30kt all the way home. In Spain they wanted me at FL140 and over France I flew at FL100, later at FL080. The TB20 is a lot slower than the DA42

Administrator

I was flying FL160 over Spain and in France to LFMU but later on FL140 and FL120 were better.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message