Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Merida (Badajoz LEBZ), Spain, 2018

Welcome to EuroGA, Alpha_Floor

Yes Spain is really distinctive from the air. I never get tired of flying over the expanses of unusual and mostly uninhabited terrain.

And it was such a well chosen place for the 1960s spaghetti westerns…

I’ve done a fair few trips down there – some here – and it is a good place to visit just before the winter arrives in Europe because it is the last place to become unpleasant at the end of the year.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Welcome to EuroGA, Alpha_Floor

Hello Peter, thank you, most kind of you!

That is an IMPRESSIVE map of Europe. After my time building in Jerez I also did a map but it mostly only covered the Iberian Peninsula. Anyway, I wish one day I could have one like yours!

However, I am very proud to, in my low time of 130 hours, have flown to as many varied destination as I could, including Rabat and Tangiers in Morocco (GMME and GMTT), the Spanish exclave of Melilla (GEML), Murcia San Javier LELC, Madrid Cuatro Vientos LECU, Lisbon Cascais LPCS. All from/to Jerez LEJR. I realised I love this kind of flying as it gives you a sense of achievement when you land back at home after a round trip taking friends to somewhere far away, enjoying a day out, managing all the logistics like fuel, flight plans, etc, dealing with the weather etc. I kind of pitied those pilots who were time building by flying in circles locally around the airport within their small comfort zone. And many of these pilots who never took the challenge of flying longer flights on a light aircraft are now sitting on an A320/B737!

Hopefully I will slowly cover the map of the UK (plus also some destinations in France and Ireland as well)

EDDW, Germany
72 Posts
Sign in to add your message