Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hawarden (EGNR)

Anyone recently been there? I may need to go for a day next month, and the website doesn’t have much information – mainly, I want to avoid inadvertently landing myself with an absurd handling fee (all I need is some space to park and maybe some fuel, and to be able to get on and off the site – I don’t need to be “handled”).

I also note from their page as “aircraft that won’t be accepted”:

> Pilots of Tail dragger type aircraft with below 200hrs on type.

I have to imagine there’s a story behind that one. I’ve never seen a restriction like that before. It’s pretty extreme, too – someone with say, 200 hours in a Cub isn’t going to be really less likely to ground loop it than someone with 50 hours in a Cub.

Last Edited by alioth at 21 Jun 12:53
Andreas IOM

Phone the number for ATC listed in the AIP to request PPR. On landing you’ll be directed to Apron N and met by the Aviation Park Group handler. Not sure what the exact fees are, but I’m fairly certain they’re not extortionate. For light GA there is no handling charge beyond the landing fee. PM me if you need exact details.

> [Not permitted]: Pilots of Tail dragger type aircraft with below 200hrs on type.
I have to imagine there’s a story behind that one.

Yep.

EGTT, The London FIR

Landing charge int the region of £20 , no handling charge, PPR required and expect BF, who are fine (provided you filed a Gar :-), nice airport & people, good cafe, visit several times a year.
Apparently there was a ground loop incident that blocked the runway with possible Guppy implications, which of course is their main business, so perhaps understandable.
Think TW’s were banned initially, must have relaxed ruling!

EGNS, Other

Last summer, landing charge for PA28-200R Arrow (1202kg) was £22. No handling charge. Didn’t say long (just clearing special branch before leaving UK). So don’t know how much parking would be.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message