Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in to Guernsey EGJB Channel Islands, **MOVED** Saturday 4th August 2018

Most of our fly-ins are “centred” on a Saturday, in that we have a big meet-up on Saturday evening. People with more time arrive on a Friday and depart on a Monday, those who have little time do just the Saturday and depart Sunday, and various combinations of that.

But it doesn’t have to be like that, especially in a place where there is plenty to do out and about – especially Alderney and the Scillies. In fact one will struggle to do a big dinner at either of those two.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The Bray Beach Hotel would do you a big dinner in Alderney I’m sure.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Sicily is awesome. Just go there without any doubts.

EVCA

I’m ok for any of the channel islands as a day trip from LFPT.
My dates would be July 21, 28 and Aug 11 eventually.

LFOU, France

21 July is a possible for me.

Administrator

If there is any interest in doing this, we could fix a date.

It’s always difficult to get a turnout in mid summer because people are busy with their families etc.

Administrator

I can do a day, but with a baby at home no longer. So far any weekend this month is ok. Only been to Alderney (one of my favourites), but any of the Channel Islands or the Scillies would be good

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

A lunch meet-up is good. Hotels are a bugger to find right now, for the Scilly Isles. Well, they exist but at quite some price!

Administrator

OK how about fixing 21 July as a day meet-up for now.

My recommendation is the Scilly Isles. From mainland Europe (EU) you need 4hrs’ notice on the GAR form, and zero for departure. You can just email the form. Very simple.

If there is strong actual interest in one of the Channel Islands, let’s go with that instead. Alderney is very compact and scenic; the other two are a lot bigger and with a lot more going on. The best airport is Guernsey: hard surface and zero hassle. Jersey has very dodgy grass parking. Alderney is grass but good.

Administrator

21 July is confirmed for us.
Maybe we could spend the night until sunday there too.

But it will only be one of the CIs (any of them) for us, Scillys are amazing but too far in a 172 from LFPT.

Hope to see you soon !

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message