Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in to Guernsey EGJB Channel Islands, **MOVED** Saturday 4th August 2018

Merci Jujupilote!

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

ASG is best for light GA but there is also Aiglle there.

EGTK Oxford

The most surprising thing in their mail is :

• no PPR
  • GAR can be filled on site

Sounds too good to be true.
I will try to confirm our arrival the day before.

LFOU, France

Telegram group joining link: https://t.me/joinchat/BcKpDg3wQ-Xciuq3-gF-gg

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Can’t make it :-(

EGLM & EGTN

Wx looks probably OK for the 21st.

Administrator

Help! Can anyone recommend any touristy activities on Guernsey? I’m planning on just going for lunch on the fly-in, but trying to lure my wife (and baby) with some family-friendly things to do. I’ve tried tripadvisor but haven’t found anything amazing. Bicycle hire might be an option with baby seats/trailers. Thanks in advance.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Capitaine wrote:

Can anyone recommend any touristy activities on Guernsey?

I can recommend the cliff path in the south east of the island, amazing views both to the sea and on land, discover Renoir`s beach

Berlin, Germany

Capitaine wrote:

Can anyone recommend any touristy activities on Guernsey?

Try Fermain Valley Beach Cafe. Better than your normal cafe in a lovely bay. This is my favourite. You can even walk to St. Peter Port if you feel energetic along the coastal path with great views.
There is also the Fermain Vally Hotel which is very nice with lovely gardens. I stay here a couple of times a year.

Petit Bot Bay on the south coast is very pretty and has a cafe as well.

Portelet Beach (South West corner of the island) is very nice and has a good cafe on the beach.

In the North go to The Beach House in L’ancresse Bay. It looks like a converted wartime bunker but has nice food and bar right on the beach.

Another one worth a try on the south side is Saints Bay, which again has a little cafe and a short walk down to the water.

Car Hire in Guernsey is very cheap compared to most places although it is almost high season.

Go to ASG for handling, they are very good. They even have a lounge upstairs with tea/coffee so your passengers can wait there whilst you get the plane ready.

Have fun. I can only get there on Sunday unfortunately.

EGLK, United Kingdom

ASG (the handler on Guernsey) have lost the original email I sent them with the aircraft details. Can all those who are still coming please supply:

REG ETA ETD

I posted this in the telegram group but some are not in it.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message