Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in to Guernsey EGJB Channel Islands, **MOVED** Saturday 4th August 2018

Due to this

EGJB 210620Z 16004KT 0200 R09/0325 FG BKN000 16/16 Q1014
EGJB 210501Z 2106/2115 VRB03KT 9999 SCT004 BKN020 PROB30 TEMPO 2106/2109 BKN003 PROB30 TEMPO 2113/2115 1500 VCFG FEW000 BKN001

and with most of those coming from the mainland having already cancelled a few days ago due to wx, I am moving it to Saturday 28th July.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Is there anyone who plans to come, who is not in the telegram group (or is not monitoring it)?

We have six possible aircraft currently.

Administrator

I think this one has been abandoned. Last weekend the wx was not good and it is always hard to move dates because most people make other plans, especially in mid summer.

I may still do it, if there is any interest (PM or email me). It looks like a nice day after the front has passed through

Let’s hope for a good turnout at Elba – only about 6 weeks away!

Administrator

Strangely enough, I was on Jersey on the 26th / 27th but departed earlier than planned due to weather….. Had I known you were coming in to Guernsey, I might have delayed it. The return flight for me was, ummm…. interesting…. will post more in a separate post…

EDL*, Germany

Just saw this, strangely enough I was on Alderney on July 28/29th. Seems like the CI are the place to be this time around. Left early today as there is not much to do in the rain on the island, though some people went swimming:

So we decided it would be better sitting in the sun at home. Take off was a wee bit windy at something like 29G38 almost straight across the runway, but the return flight was rather uneventful IFR in a stable stratus layer for the first hour with a nice 40kt tailwind and increasingly improving weather.

Though Aurigny had cancelled all their flights this morning and there was a range of people waiting in the terminal when we came through there.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 29 Jul 18:23

Guernsey weather turned out to be really nice (if windy) on the 28th, but by then all but one of the nine aircraft on the telegram group had either cancelled or dropped out (some days ahead) or just went silent, and the last guy could not do it because his base really did have pretty bad wx, so I didn’t go and did a local instead, doing one ILS and testing some interesting hardware… and flew back with 60kt headwind.

Backup dates usually don’t work and organising a mid-summer meet-up is hard anyway.

Alderney is a lovely place for a day or two. Never get tired of it Like the Scillys but different; we had 3 days there earlier in July. The UK has had two months of outstanding wx, not marred by the TSRAs which have been all over mainland Europe. Well, until today

291550Z 19022G32KT 4500 -RA FEW005 BKN007 19/18 Q1006

Administrator

Here’s a picture showing the sky just after I landed in Jersey on Thursday. Shortly thereafter, it poured down……

EDL*, Germany

Yes; a lot of wx passed through on Friday and early Saturday morning. This was the pic for much of the day on Saturday

At 5200ft, south coast UK:

Administrator

Moved to Saturday 4th August

Capitulation has been deferred

Administrator

We are flying to Guernsey on Friday for the weekend, however , to meet up with some friends that are over from Australia. Its funny, we meet them there a couple of years ago while on a little flying adventure, got on like a house on fire and stayed in touch ever since. You meet some nice people on the way flying.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)
Sign in to add your message