Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in to Guernsey EGJB Channel Islands, **MOVED** Saturday 4th August 2018

Colin wrote:

Have fun

Thank you so much for this list @Colin. I’ve kept it bookmarked ever since, but never said thank you. I did go to Guernsey, but a year later without the family, and just went for a nice walk to the south. I see what you mean about ASG and the lounge. Hopefully we’ll try some of your recommendations soon.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Thank you those who made this today. Especially those from France who had to endure two customs stops!

The fog lifted just in time and never came back.

A great meet-up, with an unusually high percentage of ladies

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks @Colin – I think this was successful and we might go later on in the summer

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Actually wx looks amazing

Administrator

Wx looks good for a change

Administrator

We are flying to Guernsey on Friday for the weekend, however , to meet up with some friends that are over from Australia. Its funny, we meet them there a couple of years ago while on a little flying adventure, got on like a house on fire and stayed in touch ever since. You meet some nice people on the way flying.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Moved to Saturday 4th August

Capitulation has been deferred

Administrator

Yes; a lot of wx passed through on Friday and early Saturday morning. This was the pic for much of the day on Saturday

At 5200ft, south coast UK:

Administrator

Here’s a picture showing the sky just after I landed in Jersey on Thursday. Shortly thereafter, it poured down……

EDL*, Germany

Guernsey weather turned out to be really nice (if windy) on the 28th, but by then all but one of the nine aircraft on the telegram group had either cancelled or dropped out (some days ahead) or just went silent, and the last guy could not do it because his base really did have pretty bad wx, so I didn’t go and did a local instead, doing one ILS and testing some interesting hardware… and flew back with 60kt headwind.

Backup dates usually don’t work and organising a mid-summer meet-up is hard anyway.

Alderney is a lovely place for a day or two. Never get tired of it Like the Scillys but different; we had 3 days there earlier in July. The UK has had two months of outstanding wx, not marred by the TSRAs which have been all over mainland Europe. Well, until today

291550Z 19022G32KT 4500 -RA FEW005 BKN007 19/18 Q1006

Administrator
55 Posts
Sign in to add your message